Chapter: 21

Mason

I felt it the moment it happened. It hurt like hell, a crippling pain that brought me to my knees. I had scratched at my chest, leaving marks, while groaning through gritted teeth. Then there was nothing. The pain had disappeared and so had my bond to Carly.

For a sliver of a seconds I felt complete and utter sadness but it was soon replaced with blinding hot rage. My desk was across the room in seconds while my fists flew into anything that was in reach. The skin on my knuckles ripped apart and healed back together in seconds.

My body shook with rage before bursting into a large, snarling wolf. My anger was uncontrollable and seconds after turning everything went dark as my wolf took control.

..

I woke up in a puddle of blood. As soon as my eyes opened my ears perked up and my eyes were darting around. As my senses came back to me I looked down at the ground and saw several, mutilated deer bodies. My nose twitched due to the strong scent of their blood.

As I remembered what had caused me to be so angry in the first place  a loud growl to vibrate in my throat. I clenched my fists so hard my nails dug left marks.

Once again I burst into my wolf form, taking off towards the pack house. I arrived minutes later and I heard everything go silent once I did. The anger that was radiating off of me could be felt miles away, meaning my members knew that question storm was about to hit.

I shifted back to my human, grabbed a pair of shorts from a bush, and marched into the house. Zach, My father, My mother and Aiden all stood, waiting for me, in the kitchen.

My mother's eyes widened as she took in my appearance and I watched as Aiden whimpered and shrunk back behind my mother's leg, this only angered me more.

I took long strides forward and snatched Aiden off of the ground, holding him tightly to my chest and taking in his scent. This helped to calm me and my wolf, if only by a little.

As Aiden pushed against my chest, trying to get away, I looked down at him only to frown when I saw that his hands and clothes were bloodied. I sighed and gently lowered him to his feet, watching as he ran out of the room, my mother right on his heels.

"Whats gotten you so worked up?" Zach asked me cautiously, knowing that he was walking on thin ice. I clenched my jaw and my fist and an on slaughter of emotions hit me.

"The bond has been broken. She has been claimed by another." I growled out, turning my head so that the two men wouldn't see the single, silent tear that ran down my cheek.

Silence surrounded us for many minutes.

"I'm surprised that it took her so long to do it." My father suddenly spoke. I was angered by his words but I was also exhausted, to exhausted to do anything about it.

Instead I simply hung my head and for the first time in a long time I showed weakness, in the form of tears.

"Just stop! I can't hear that right now! I can't think properly anymore and - and I can't breathe!" I sobbed out, clawing at my chest. My loud cries filled the house while my beta and my father watched me in complete and utter surprised.

I had never showed weakness like this before, never in my life. I dropped to the ground, placed my arms on top of my knees and hung my head, letting out all of the emotions. The anger, the sadness, the hate all slipped out.

I don't know how long I sat there for before I felt a pair of small hands on my arm. I looked up and through blurry eyes saw Aiden standing in front of me, wearing the most innocent of faces.