Chapter:1

*Carly's POV*

I sighed frustrated as I paced around the spacious bedroom. To say I was currently overwhelmed would be an understatement. I stopped my pacing and looked down at the little boy in my arms. He was wailing so loud that I was sure the entire world could hear it.

"Shhh, Aiden please be quiet baby." I cooed to him as I gently stroked his face. It was like he hadn't even heard me though because he kept on crying his little lungs out. I sighed again and set him down onto the floor, as soon as Aidens feet touched the ground he fell onto his bottom and continued to cry. I was pretty positive that he had a stomach ache but I couldn't be sure until I took him to see the pack doctor.

I was about to do just that when I suddenly heard heavy footsteps rushing towards the door, I gulped knowing exactly who it was. The door flew open and in walked my very angry mate.

"Would you shut him up!" Mason yelled loudly making me cringe. I stared intently at the floor before hesitantly raising my eyes up and peeking at him through my lashes. Mason was shirtless and his well sculpted chest was rising and falling quickly. His dark brown hair was tousled like somebody had run there fingers through it many times and his deep green eyes held anger.

His eyes snapped towards me and they softened for a mere second before becoming furious again.

"Did you hear me! I said shut him up!" He yelled again motioning towards his son. I again cringed at his voice before taking a small step towards Aiden.

"I've tried. He doesn't feel well, he has a stomach ache." I said quietly keeping my eyes on the ground. Mason growled angrily and took two long strides towards me. He roughly grabbed my chin and forced me to look into his eyes. He had just leaned down to kiss my lips when Aidens cries got even louder, if it was possible. His fingers tightened on my chin and I knew that there would be a bruise in the morning.

I saw it in Masons eyes, the rage, and I knew what he was going to do before he even did it. I ripped my chin out of his hands and threw myself down onto the ground, scooping up my son in my arms as I did so, right before Masons fist came down onto my back. All of the air was knocked out of me but I didn't care because I knew that if I hadn't of done that then Mason would have hit Aiden.

Mason growled loudly before grabbing me by the hair and yanking me off of the ground, I cried out in pain and held onto Aiden tighter. My eyes widened as I took in Masons appearance. His eyes were pitch black from anger and his whole body was shaking. He was furious because I had stopped him from hitting Aiden.

"Put. Him. Down." He ordered through clenched teeth, sounding more like an animal then a human. I gulped and did as he said, gently placing my baby into his crib. Aidens crying had thankfully stopped but I knew what was about to happen to me. Mason, still having a handful of my hair, dragged me out of our sons room and across the hallway into his room. Mason tossed me onto the ground and before I even had time to catch my breath his left foot slammed into my body. I cried out in pain but it was silenced my another blow to the ribs.

It felt like it went on for forever, the pain never stopped, it was just blow after blow. He would kick me and punch me, painfully pull my hair, and the yelling, he yelled and yelled. Telling me what a worthless mate I was and that he was disguised by me. It was like a river of tears was streaming down my face and I couldn't stop them, I don't know if I was crying because of the pain from his blows or from the hurtful words my mate was spitting at me.

With one final kick to the stomach Mason leaned down very closely, right next to my ear and whispered the most painful line yet.

"I don't love you, I never will. The only reason I keep you around is because your body gives me pleasure that nobody else can, and because of Aiden. But I swear if you ever do something like that again I will get rid of you once and for all. Understand?" He whispered cruelly. I nodded my head the best I could and with an cruel laugh he stood up.