ACT 2; Chapter 1

The wagon rolled into the Mojave territory slowly and bumpily. Jackie saw creatures that he never had seen before. Sure there was the occasional Mole rat and reproach, but there were giant lizards, cat-like animals with rattlers at the end of their tails, and giant fly’s. Jackie looked behind him and saw Amata lying on her side sleeping, her belly getting larger. Before long Jackie would become a dad. As he thought, about this, he had a flashback of when he was just a small boy.

**************************************************************************************************************

"Come here son, come here." Said James Escado. One year old Jackie hobbled forward and walked  into his father's arms. "That it! Your beginning to be such a big boy. I'm going to put you in your pen now, daddy will be back in a minute." He put the child in his playpen and walked out of his room. As soon as the doors closed, Jackie walked forward and reached for the latch on the pen. He flipped it up and pushed the door open. One year old Jackie crawled towards his open play chest and started playing with a book and a teddy bear. 

James walked in and looked at Jackie. "Well aren't you a smart lad." he said.  

Jackie turned around. "Daddy."

James laughed and kneeled next to a scripture in a frame. "Come here, I want to show you something." Jackie got up and walked over to James. He picked him up and showed him the verse.

"This was your mothers favorite verse in the bible. REAVILATIONS 21:6 I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA. THE BEGINING AND THE END. I WILL GIVE TO UNTO HIM WHICH IS A THIRST FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF LIFE."

************************************************************************************************************

The wagon hit a bump which knocked Jackie back to reality. He looked next to him and saw Amata rubbing her eyes.

"You sleep good honey?" He asked.

Amata sat up and smiled at Jackie. "Yeah, I'm just glad that we- UGAH!" she screamed as she grabbed her stomach. 

"Oh my god! Amata!" Jackie yelled and he kneeled down to help her.

"Labor! Ugh! I'm going into-AGH!!" Amata screamed. 

Jackie grabbed Gob's shoulder. "Get Doc Church over here now! My wife is having a baby!" he ordered. Gob pulled the wagon over and yelled for Doc Church. The doctor hopped out of the wagon in front and climbed into theirs.

"Keep her back up!" Doc ordered. Jackie held Amata's back up and held her hand. She squeezed it so hard Jackie thought it might break.

"I feel it! The baby-AGH! It's ready" Screamed Amata. Jackie gripped her hand as Doc Church got the area ready for the new arrival.

"Push." he screamed. Amata screamed as she did what she was told.

"Don't worry baby, you’re doing alright." Jackie reassured her. Amata pushed and screamed in agony. Then a second, more tiny scream was heard. Doc Church cut the umbilical cord on the newborn and wrapped it in a linen blanket.

"A boy. It's a boy." Doc Church said. He handed the crying baby over to Amata.

"Oh my god. A boy, our son.: she said to Jackie;

"He wrapped his arms around her shoulders." Yeah, our son. So what do you want to name him?"

"How about. . .um. . ." Amata thought. Jackie was silent in thought as well. "How about James, after your father." Amata finally said. Jackie smiled.

"James Escado the second. I have a feeling dad would be better. He wrapped his arms around Amata and James, now a proud father like his was before him.