Chapter 16

Sarah Lyons ducked under an Enclave Super sledgehammer, the humming of generators whizzing over her head. She grabbed her Ripper and jammed it into the soldier that nearly turned her head into a golf ball. He screamed as the hand-held chainsaw ripped into his side. Sarah grabbed her Laser Pistol and fired into the soldiers head. The body turned bright red and disintegrated into a pile of steaming ash. Three of her squad were locked in combat with Legionaries and Enclave soldiers.

‘I hope that Jackie gets done in there, I don’t know how long we are going to last.’ She thought to herself.

One of her soldiers fell as a Legionnaire jumped on him and proceeded to stab him in the chest with a machete. She fired at the Legionnaire and he fell over, his head rolling several meters away.   There was a loud crack! as the sound of a magnum pierced the air. Sarah turned to see Jackie, Unanagi, and a silvery android with blue optics climb out of a bunker. The android fired at more Enclave and Legionnare soldiers, which caused the Brotherhood soldiers to gain the upper hand.

“Jackie! Thank god your awake, guess I owe you one.” Sarah said as the last Enclave soldier fell.

“Don’t thank me. Thank my dad.” Jackie said, pointing at the android.

Sarah stared at James. “So the plan actually worked.

James nodded. “Yes, though I only remember everything up to Vault 112. So tell me, did Project Purity succeed?”

“Yes it did.” Usanagi said. “There is fresh purified water across the Wasteland.”

James optics grew lighter. “Good, I’m glad to hear it. Is Doctor Li here?”

“No.” replied Sarah, “She stayed behind to help with refugee’s from Megaton?”

“Refugees from Megaton? What the hell happened?”

“The Enclave attacked us in full force, Lucas Simms was able to get some of them out, but the rest had to stay behind.”

James shook his head. “Damn, well at least he was able to do his job. Where is the old bastard anyways?”

“Dead.” Jackie muttered. “Killed by Mutants at Tesla’s Garden.”

“Tesla’s garden?”  James asked, “That place is still up?”

Jackie nodded. “You know about that place?”

“Your mother and I went through that place when we headed to Washington D.C.” James explained.  “I am truly sorry about Simms though, he was a good man.”

“He was.” Jackie agreed.

“I really do hate to break up this family reunion.” Sarah said, looking around. “But we aren’t safe here. Enclave and Legion soldiers could be back at any moment.”

“What were they doing here anyways?” Jackie asked.

“The Enclave heard about you being here, so they wanted to catch you unguarded.” Sarah explained. “Thanks to Arcade Gannon, we were able to intercept the kill call and a couple soldiers and myself decided to stop by.”

“Gannon?” Usanagi asked.

Sarah nodded. “Now are we just going to stand around with our thumbs up our asses or are we going to get down to business.”

*************************************************************************************

Back in Westside, Henry stood over a map of New Vegas as Arcade talked on a CB radio to former Enclave Members. Loyal was giving debriefings to his air squad; Boone talked to the New Vegas Army and the support they had picked up along the way. Amata Almodovar cradled her child in her arms.

“When are they going to be back?” She asked.

“Soon, ma’am.” Henry said. “Sarah Lyons went with a small squad to make sure he and Dr. Usanagi are alright.”

“Hey boss man.” Said Three Dogs voice. “Come here for a second.”

Henry walked over to Three Dog. “What do you need?”

“Can I have a quick word with ya on our situation?” he asked.

Henry thought for a second, then nodded. “Alright, a quick one.”

“Excellent!” Three Dog said over-exaggerated like. He grabbed a recorder and put it to his mouth.

“President Rameriz, you have brought the Mafia, Yakuza, Firewalker tribe, Black Oxen Outcasts, and the Lyons pride together with your New Vegas Army and your own Brotherhood of Steel chapter to fight the Enclave and Legion. Do you think this size of a force is required to defeat them?”

Henry coughed. “We got word from a source about how big their forces would truly be against ours. With the Legion’s ruthlessness and the Enclave’s tech, we would be destroyed in a matter of weeks, then would be the rest of the West.”

“So how do you feel about our chances?” Three Dog asked.

“Each side has their own goal for defeating the Enclave. Since the Enclave and the Legion are working together, they would both be targeted. Though I would rather have a victory with less casualties as possible, I feel that we can succeed.” Henry replied.

“Less casualties as possible? That doesn’t seem possible.”  Three Dog said.

“Have you ever heard of the Nuremberg Trials? They tried Nazi Scientists that killed during the Holocaust in the 1940’s instead of killing them. We have become too savage in our dealings in the crime department.”

“But our-“ Three Dog began.

Henry interrupted. “I have witnessed people killed on their hands and knees for stealing Cram. I have been shot at for speaking my mind on numerous occasions. I want to show the world that we can be civilized like our predecessors were. If we have no choice and we have to kill them, so be it. But if we can try some of them for the crimes they have done, then we can show he can be civil in dealing with crime.”

“That makes more sense.” Three Dog said. “Thank you for explaining, President Rameriz, This is Three Dog ouuuuuut! And your listening to Galaxy News Radio! Bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts. And now for some Roy Brown and his classic, Butcher Pete!”

Three Dog put the recorder away and shook Henry’s hand. “That should boost morale in the East.”

Henry nodded. “Anything that will help I will try to do.”

Amata gasped. Henry turned around, his handgun out, only to put it away as Jackie, Sarah Lyons, Two Brotherhood Soldiers, and a android with bluish eyes  and Dr. Usanagi walked in. Amata got up and hugged Jackie and stared at the blue eyed droid. Usanagi hugged Arcade and the Brotherhood soidlers, including Lyons, walked over to her father.

“I guess this is a happing ending.” Three Dog said with clear sarcasam

Henry scoffed.”Won’t be a happy ending until the Enclave and the Legion are defeated.”