Chapter 26

Ceaser sat n his throne reading some interesting reports from his scouts. Apparently a small band of renegades in New Carson are rebelling against the Yakuza and Legion troops in the area. The most interesting part was that a large majority of the Yakuza played turncoat. Augustus Autumn walked in followed by two heavily armed and armored soldiers. "Ceaser, my friend. I have a favor to ask."

Ceaser looked up and sat the reports on the table next to his throne. "Sorry, scout reports." he indicated the paper on the desk. "So what is it that you need?"

Autumn walked up, but stopped as the two Preditorian Guards stood in an intimidating position. Ceaser waived his hand and the guards stood down. Autumn kneeled next to the throne. "Remember when that solider told me about the enemy of the Enclaves?"

Ceaser nodded. "Yes, and I seem to recall you saying he was a 'pain in the Enclave's ass.' "

"Well he is one. That son-of-a-bitch escaped our assault on his hometown." He held up a photograph and continued. "It turns out he is heading to New Vegas. My forces are sticks in the mud with their armor and you know the land better, so I was hoping you could send some of your scouts to capture him? Bring him to me sort of deal?"

Ceaser sat in silence. Then he nodded. "Yes of course, anything for an ally of the Legion."

Autumn smiled and shook Caesar’s thin hand. "Thank you. Your men can take out the rest of the group, but I want to take care of Escado personally."

***********************************************************************************************************************

The convoy from Megaton rode slowly through the desolate wasteland. They were only a few days away from the New Vegas territory. Jackie sat in the back of a wagon working on the metal shell surrounding his infected arm. Amata sat next to him, adjusting the straps on the canopy, it being difficult because of the small bump where the child rested inside of her. He smiled and looked up at his beautiful wife.

"Hey Amata, when we get to Vegas we should go see a doctor, you know, so we know the gender of the child?" he said.

Amata nodded. "Yeah we should, I hope we have a boy." she finished adjusting the strap to the canopy and sat down next to Jackie. The road was bumpy since the nuclear blasts destroyed the asphalt many years ago. Jackie and Amata's PIP boy crackled. Jackie checked his and saw they had received the Mojave Radio signal. He turned it on and listened to Ain't that a kick in the head by Dean Martin. There was a crack in the distance, but they thought it was a hunter in the wilderness. Then there was another crack and a fist sized hole blew through the side of the canopy. Jackie and Amata ducked as more holes appeared in the cloth.

"Well this is a nice way to great someone!" Amata yelled. Jackie grabbed his assault rifle and looked out of the back of the wagon to see men in red tunics and ski masks. They fired 10mm pistols and Hunting shotguns at the convoy.

"Gob speed this thing up will ya!" Jackie yelled. The wagon went faster and Jackie fired out of the back. Two of the attackers ducked, but the third was turned into a fine red mist.

The firefight lasted for a few minutes. Jackie still held his gun at the ready, waiting for any more attacks. "You alright up there Gob?" he asked.

The ghoul shrugged. "Shaken, but I'm fine right now."

Jackie looked over at Amata. "How about you and the baby? You guys hurt?"

Amata shook her head. "We're fine, who where those people anyways? Raiders?" This time Jackie shrugged.

The rest of the convoy moved on in silence, the road turning less bumpy. The sounds of the battle before still rang in Jackie’s ears.