Chapter 2

Henry, Lizzy, Jackie, Amata, and James stood in the main room at the Lucky 38 casino, all studying a map of Freeside. Acording to the reports, the Legion and Enclave had pushed through the main west gate and were slowly but steadily pushing through.

“Loyal, I want your team to send an air raid towards the oncoming forces on the east side.” Henry ordered. “Lyons, I want your team near the entrance to Vegas with the securitron bots I placed. If the Kings and the Militia fail, it’s up to you to hold them off as long as you can.”

“President Rameriz.” Said James. “The Thorn’s leader, Red Lucy, said that with the war going on, she could offer her animal’s over to the defense, but she’s afraid they’ll be too rabid to control.”

“Use a Mezmatron.” Jackie said. “The Enclave used them in D.C. to control Deathclaws, with the right amount of tuning, they can be put on other creatures.”

“Mezmatron?” James asked, his eyes flickered different colors, then turned back to the blue they were. “This platform has schematics for a Mezmatron, but I don’t know if we can get our hands on one before the Enclave and Legion show .”

“The Brotherhood of Steel has some in their bunker, in Hidden Valley.” Henry replied. “Talk to Scribe Isben and tell him that I want the closest thing to an intact Mezmatron and to make as many as he can ASAP, one Deathclaw will do until we make more.”

James nodded and turned on a comm system to the Mojave Brotherhood. They talked for several moments, then the robot/man looked over. “They have some made and are sending them to the Thorn.

“Excellent.” Henry said. “Tell them to start with the Deathclaws and put them near the outskirts of Freeside, have them hunt the Legion and Enclave.”

Boone came running in. “Rameriz, I have good news.”

“Spit it out. What is it?” asked Henry.

“I still had some old contacts with the NCR.” Boone explained. “They are sending Veteran Rangers and the 1st recon battalion to aid us in the defense.”

Henry smiled. “I knew Oliver wouldn’t let us down.” He turned to Jackie and Amata. “Help with the civilians. Ask Sarah Weintraub at Valut 21 to let civilians in until we can push the enemy back.”

Jackie and Amata nodded, heading out of the room. Lizzy wrapped an arm around Jackie’s. “Can we talk?”

Henry nodded and he led her to his suite, where the whole view of the Mojave could be seen. “What is it that you want?”

“I-I just wanted to be alone with you, for a little bit.” Lizzy stammered. “I know this might be a bad time to-“ She was interrupted as Henry wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Its fine.” He smiled, “I know these may be our last moments together, I understand.”

Lizzy smiled back. “I feel a lot more confident now.” She leaned up to him and kissed him on the lips.

******************************************************************************

Freeside Sewers. . .

Lou, Pacer, and five other Kings members crawled through the sledge of the Sewers. The smell was awful, and the speculation of meeting Enclave soldiers in this damp tunnel didn’t help. Lou looked around, his assault rifle in hand.

“See anything?” Pacer asked.

Lou shook his head. “Only dust, nothing to be afraid of yet.”

The Kings followed the sewer’s path until they entered a clearing, a large sewage control room. Inside they could clearly see three Enclave soldiers standing over two dead bodies. The bodies wore Legion armor.

“If they are allies, why did  they off two of those Legion punks?” whispered Pacer.

Lou shrugged and slowly snuck into the room, keeping his assault rifle trained on one of the soldier’s necks. The rest of the King’s followed.

“So how many more of them are out there?” asked one of the Enclave soldiers.

“Not many,” Replied the second solider. “Lets kill them off before they notice, Colonel’s orders.”

“They were ordered to betray the Legion.” Lou whispered. “But why?”

“To keep Vegas for themselves? I have no fucking clue.” Pacer shrugged. There was a click behind them and they turned around. A third Enclave soldier pointed his Plasma rifle at them.

“Drop you weapons now.” Ordered the guard.