Chapter 19

Pregnant?" asked Jackie for the tenth time.

Amata nodded for the tenth time. "Yes Jackie, I'm pregnant, and you’re the father."

"Dad..." Jackie left the word hang in the air like a speck of dust. He wasn't expecting this. He wished his own dad were still alive and with them some advice, but his dad was dead.

"You alright Drunkie?" Asked Gob, looked over at him.

Jackie smiled slowly. "Me, a dad. Wow, i never expected this to come so soon, but now that it has, I look forward to it."

Amata smiled and took his unghoulififed hand. "I'm glad you are. I'm pretty excited myself. We need to fix your arm though." She indicated the peeling skin on his right arm. "once we stop I'll have Doc Church look at it."

As though it was scripted, the wagon came to a halt.

"Why are we stopping? We're not supposed to yet." Amata asked.

Gob turned around. "I don't know, maybe we-" before he could say anything however, two men in T-8b power armor walked to the back, one of them pointed his Plasma pistol at Jackie and Amata.

"Turn back, traveler, you are too far into Brotherhood of Steel territory." said the armored figure.

Jackie reached into his pocket and pulled out some holotags that the Lyons pride Brotherhood of Steel gave him during his service. He handed them to the soldier, who looked at it as though it were sold gold.

"We weren't expecting this, the Lyons Pride doesn’t hand out tags freely. Since you are a friend of them you can be trusted by us." said the soldier, a entirely different tone in his voice. "We'll tell your lead wagon that you can all proceed under armed guard to our encampment." He then walked away, his fellow solider behind him.

The wagon was again on the move. Jackie was investigating his arm while Amata read a book. Interestingly, his arm was soft, the skin easily parted when he poked it, then it reformed before any blood was released.

A few minutes later the wagon stopped again The two guards returned to the back.

"Welcome to Telsa's-Garden , Paladin Escado, You may stay as long as you like. The you and your group will be escorted to the other side of the city when you’re done." Said one of the guards.

Jackie and Amata jumped out of the wagon and saw the area around them. The plot was blocked of b steel walls, a gat on either side, some of ruined buildings were converted into houses, Kiosks lined the streets and BOS members walked freely around.

A thin elderly man with balding grey hair and wearing blue robes approached. He shook Jackie’s good hand and said in a raspy yet fatherly voice.

"Welcome to Telsa's-Garden, Paladin Escado. I am elder Rickenbacker, leader of the Brotherhood of steel in this sector." He then noticed his ghoulififed arm. "Oh dear." he said. "You might want to go to Dr. Lerax at the Infirmary, that looks like it’s about to fall off." He pointed at the tent a few meters away,

"Thank you, Elder Rickenbacker." said Jackie. "I'll take your advice wisely." He grabbed Amata’s hand and walked in the direction of the infirmary.