Chapter 8

The first thing Henry noticed when he woke up was the stench. It smelled like bat guano. In fact, he realized it was and he had a thick covering of the gunk on his chest.

"Yuck." Henry said as he wiped the slime off of his chest. He looked around and saw his surroundings. He was in a prison cell, but not in a place he had been before he became President. He got up and walked over to the cell door. Unexpectedly, it was unlocked and he could open it with ease. He walked out into the walkway and saw other cell doors lining the walls.

"Lizzy! Shank! Boone! Arcade! Anyone out there?" Henry yelled.

Silence.

Then there was a voice over a loudspeaker. "Good. Very good. You are awake. Did you sleep well?"

"Where are my friends and who the hell are you?" Henry said in the darkness.

"Is that any way to treat your host, Mr. Ramirez?" The voice asked. Then it sighed. "Frank Wormwood of the Black Oxen if you must know."

Henry sighed in relief. "Hudson told me you guys would find me. Where are my friends?" he asked again.

Frank Wormwood's voice chuckled. "They're here. But if you want them and your alliance with us against The Legion and The Enclave, you must prove your worth."

"How?" Henry asked. "What type of joke is this?"

Frank laughed again. "This is no joke, Mr. Ramriz. All who search for our aid have to prove their worth. Sadly none have been able to do so, if you look down you will see what they left behind."

Henry edged to the railway and looked down. The lights flickered on and he saw a grizzly sight that was all too familiar. At the bottom the floor was covered with dozens of bodies, each decayed and torn to shreds. The railing fell on both sides of the walkway and Henry nearly fell. He looked and saw on the other end was a door. "You sick fuck. What is this?"

"Do you want the truth?" said a different voice. "Do you want justice amongst the darkest of times? Then you must take a leap of faith before the fires of hell consume you." There was the sound of hissing on both sides of Henry. He looked around and 50 feet away on either side two jets of flame shot out into the air, then they died back down. Then a another jet, this time at least five feet closer, shot up.

"So jump and pray I make it or burn to death." Henry muttered. The flames grew closer and closer. Henry took a couple steps back, then he ran forwards and leapt over the gap. He grabbed on to the edge of the platform on the other side and pulled himself up, nearly slipping on bat guano. He got up and looked behind him to see the place where he was standing moments ago being engulfed in flames.

Henry turned around and opened the large metal door. He was in a dimly lit room that was filled with only a table. On the table was his 9mm pistol, a short sword, and a frag grenade. Henry picked up his equipment and checked the clip inside the gun. He only had one clip, not including the ones he taped to the soles of his shoes (Which was the reason of his constant complaining of his foot pain) Henry took off his shoes and removed the clips, sighing in relief as his feet felt no longer cramped.

Then the voice that instructed him what to do earlier spoke again, this time Henry could tell it was pre-recorded. "You survived the fires of hell, and the leap of faith proved its worth. But what about the jailer of the damned? You and your fellow comrades in arms must fight for survival, or risk joining the unsatisfied in hell." The wall in front of Henry slid open and he saw a arena, He walked in and the door closed behind him. Four more doors opened up. Arcade, Boone, and Lizzy walked out of three, but the fourth was empty.

"Lizzy!" Henry yelled as he ran to her. He hugged her and picked her up. He looked at the others. "Glad to see you are all ok."

"Glad to see you also." Arcade said.

Boone nodded. "Yeah."

Lizzy kissed Henry. "Well I knew you'd make it out."

Henry smiled, but then looked around, confused. "Where's Shank?"

Everyone shrugged. But before anyone could speak, a fifth door opened. This one was much larger, and the creature inside told the reason why. It was a Super mutant, obliviously identified by its yellowish skin and ripped muscles. But this one was huge! It was the same size as Zero Kano and just as menacing. It wore a metal chest piece and a large leather pair of shorts. In its hands was a large, unrealistic fire hydrant attached to a metal pipe. It roared as it saw the group.

"Uh, guys?" Henry asked.

"Super Mutant Behemoth." Lizzy said. "Saw a few on my way to Vegas. Nasty fuckers. Only way to quickly kill it is with a mini-nuke.

"Yeah and we don't have those." Arcade retorted, holding up his plasma pistol.

"And we don't have time to argue. Look!" Boone shouted. Everyone turned to see the massive muscled figure rush towards them

"Let the battle begin. HAHAHAHA!" Frank's voice said over the speakers.