Chapter 4

Across the ruins of the United States, Jackie Escado Kneeled next to a makeshift grave. The stone said:

Here Lies

   JAMES R. ESCADO

    LOVING FATHER, FRIEND,

REVOLUTIONARY

James died to save the life of his son. With his sacrifice, however, it taught Jackie a valuable lesson. That someday he would complete the project his father had started. He buried his father at the place where he had died, the ruins of the Jefferson Memorial. He then spoke in a hushed and chocked voice.

"Thank you, dad. I'll make sure you are remembered. At least now I know you’re with mom, watching me." He then stood up and wiped the tears away from his face. He walked past the ruins of the Washington Monument, past the outskirts of Washington D.C., and then to a small town near his old home, Vault 101. The town was called Megaton because it was built around a nuclear bomb that failed to detonate during the war. He entered the town and was greeted by a man he could call a good friend.

"Welcome back Jackie." said Lucas Simms, clapping Jackie on the back. Lucas looked like something out of a Clint Eastwood movie. Rimmed Cowboy hat, a duster with a star-shaped badge and raw-hide pants and boots. The only thing that showed he wasn't an African-American version of Clint Eastwood was the Chinese Assault rifle on his back.

"Thanks Lucas." Said Jackie, smiling. "How’s the old place been since I've been gone?"

"Well," thought Lucas "Moria published that damn wasteland survival guide, everyone in town has a copy, Moriarty has been a pain in the ass as ever, and a few people from Vault 101 have stopped by, one of them was looking for you, she's down by the house. She says she knows you, she's down by the house right now."

"Oh, ok thanks Lucas." Jackie said confused. He ran down the ramp towards his house.