Chapter 2

The assembled group marched out of the Lucky 38 and walked towards the Ultra-Luxe. On the way, on lookers cheered as they saw their savior, Henry. He dawned his signature hat and stuck a cigar in his mouth. The group entered the fancy hotel and was greeted by applause. NCR and Brotherhood of Steel, Boomers and Great Khans, who would normally be at each other’s throats, were cheering at the assembled group.

The party went underway. Music like Ain't that a kick in the head by Dean Martin was blaring as people danced, drank, and just had a good time. Henry sat at the bar and ordered himself a shot of Liquor, when Arcade Gannon, member of the Followers of the Apocalypse, sat next to him. He ordered himself a drink and slipped his glassed back on his nose.

"Well well isn't it the Hero of New Vegas himself." he said.

"I'm no hero." Replied Henry as he puffed on his cigar. "I'm surprised that your here, to be honest. I thought you would be back in the Casino's lab working."

"Are you kidding? It has been over forty years since there was actual peace. Look at the reports I've been getting." said Arcade, handing over several documents. Each one showed that every city, town, or tribe was celebrating the defeat of the Legion and the driving out of the NCR. Even the Fiends’, a group of drug addicted bandits and cutthroats, were being peaceful for now. Henry looked up and raised his glass in a toast. Arcade mirrored the motion, clinking his glass against Henry’s. They both drank there congratulations to each other and ordered another shot.

After a few short conversations and three shots of Kentucky Bourbon later, Arcade stumbled off. Henry stayed and offered to pay, but the cashier just shook his head. "On the house." Henry nodded and walked away. He found a Nuka-Cola machine and grabbed a bottle of the brownish soda. He opened the top and chugged it down. He heard his PIP-BOY 3000's Giga counter crackle as he drank the radiated liquid. He threw away the bottle and sat down at a booth. He pulled out another Cigar and lit it. He looked up, back down, and did a double take. He saw a girl, about his age, with Leather armor and a bandanna. The strange part was that Henry recognized her. He got up and tried to follow her, but she disappeared. Confused, he left the Ultra-Luxe and walked back to the Lucky 38.