ACT 3; Chapter 1

Lou and Pacer ran as fast as they could down a back alleyway towards an old NCR Supply line with several other King’s members. Enclave and Legion members followed, firing assorted Laser and Plasma weapons.

“Who got us into this shit?” asked Lou.

“That blasted man Rameriz, if he wasn’t our ‘great president,’ then The King would’ve stayed out of this hairball.” Pacer called back. “But he saved my hide once so I can’t call our President a bad guy, just needs to stay out of the war biz.” Pacer fired his machine gun behind him, resulting in several loud thumps.  

“Head to the Cerulean Robotics Factory!” Lou yelled, “It has a much better vantage point and can provide cover for us!”

 The Kings ran quickly as the abandoned robot factory came closer into view. One of the gang members screamed as a laser bolt quickly turned him into ash. Lou turned and fired long enough to see the heads of several Legionaries turn into red paste. They rushed inside and barricaded the door, the last of their pursuer’s projectiles bouncing off of the wall behind them.

Pacer sat down on the concrete floor. “What makes you so sure a place like this could be our ticket to freedom?”

“The Sunset Sarsaparilla factory is made similarly to this one.” Lou explained. “Had to lose some Fiends in there while on a scouting mission.”

“Well I’m sure as hell glad that you’re on our side.” Pacer said. “Phew, I could really use a Jet fix right now.”

“No time to be drugged up sir,” said a Kings member, “The Legion are starting to bust through, we need to move.”

“Where do we go now?” Pacer asked.

“Through here, there may be a access tunnel to the sewers.” Lou said, starting for the back of the building. The Kings followed him as the barricade started to cave in. Sure enough, there was a manhole cover leading into New Vegas’s sewers. Luckily, it wasn’t irradiated, thanks to Project Purity. They climbed inside, one at a time, until they were safely inside the sewers.

“We need to get back to HQ.” Pacer said as he turned on a light. “Everyone is over there, but it won’t be enough to stop the Enclave and the Legion.”

“Agreed, it’s a good thing that- wait, did you hear something?” Lou asked. They listened.

“Voices, sound like Enclave Shock troops.” Said a King member.

“Keep your voices low, use your guns only when you need to.” Pacer uttered.

“How are we going to kill them if we can’t use our guns?” Lou asked.

“The mesh around their necks is flimsy, if you can get close, use your knife.” Pacer explained. With that they holstered their weapons, pulled out their switchblades, then crept through the dark, damp sewers of New Vegas.