Chapter 6

Missiles flew overhead, the sounds of dying screams and gunfire filled his ears and fear and anger filled his soul. Jackie reloaded his .357 magnum and checked his armor’s integrity. It was stable, but if he stood in the middle of a firefight he’d be ripped to shreds. He peered over the sandbag he hid behind and saw several Legionaries firing at anything that moved. He checked his inventory. Throwing axe, no. Spear, no. Nuka-grenade? He never used one but he decided it would be a great learning experience for him and the Legionaries. He smacked the prime button and it automatically started ticking down. He tossed it and covered his head.

KA-BOOOOM!

His Geiger counter clicked like mad. Jackie looked over the cover again and saw a small mushroom cloud plume and the Legionaries turned into a pile of gore. He smiled grimly and ran over to where he saw Billy Creel and Butch laying fire near the Gamorrah.

“Having fun yet?” Butch asked as he loaded a power cell into his Laser Pistol.

Billy looked over at him. “This is a bad time to be making jokes kid. Jackie what’s the plan?”

“I need you two to cover me while I place explosives on the sign.” Jackie pointed at the Gamorrah’s sign.

“There’s NCR Rangers up there! What the fuck are you planning to do?” Butch asked.

“I’ll get the rangers off of the sign, but when that thing falls I’ll be hell for the Enclave and Legion!” He pulled out three bricks of plastic explosive and set charges into each. “Cover me!” He ran over to the sign and looked up at the two rangers sniping. “Get the fuck down from there!”

The rangers jumped down and one of them looked at Jackie. “What in the Sam-fucking-hill are you doing?”

“Giving Autumn and Caesar a screw you present.” He shook the explosives. The rangers understood right away and ran back to where Butch and Billy hid. Jackie set up the explosives and ran back to cover, setting them off. The bottom of the sign exploded and the sign fell, crushing three Enclave soldiers.

“Hell ye-!” Jackie said, but was interrupted when he saw Augustus Autumn, dressed like Ares wielding a electric sword, walking towards them. Jackie fired three times at Autumn, but to no avail.

“This armor is bullet proof, my friend. Best you just let me kill you now, and maybe I’ll spare your friends.” Autumn said as he came closer.

Jackie looked at Billy, Butch, and the two rangers. “Get out of here! I’ll take care of him!” They ran off as Jackie stood up. “You want a fight, you just got one you son-of-a-bitch.” He picked up a sword next to a dead Legion soldier and stood ten paces apart from Autumn.

“Your Bravado will not save you now.” Autumn said as he lunged forwards, only to have his attack parried by Jackie’s blade.

“And neither will your army. It’s you and me now, Autumn. This is payback for all you did in Washington.” Jackie retorted by slashing upwards, his blade and Autumn’s connecting in a flash of sparks.

“For once, Escado, I agree with you. You ruined the only chance to rebuild the country of America. I won’t make the same mistake of running off and letting you live again.” Autumn and Jackie fought with the fury of wild Deathclaw bull’s as the battle around them also rose in tempo and violence.

“Who’s that young lady you courted? Amata? I’m the only one who can stop Caeser form using her as a personal item.” Though it was not visible, Autumn was sneering under his helmet.

“Shut up!” Jackie backhanded Autumn, only causing sparks and his robotic palm to vibrate.

Autumn laughed and used Jackie’s rage against him. He grabbed Jackies robotic arm and flipped him over his shoulder, causing him to land hard and his sword to fly away. Autumn placed the tip of his sword near the soft mesh at Jackie’s neck. “Now you die, and America will become pure again.”