Chapter 20

The next day after Henry’s negotiations with the mafia, Irradiated rain poured from the sky. It was easier to recognize than regular rain because when it hits something the object would glow and any Organic material would dissolved. So anyone outdoors would die in a matter of minutes unless they get inside in time.

Henry, Arcade, Shank, Boone, and Tek sat around a campfire inside the ruined store. They spent most of their time telling stories about their pasts.

After hearing Shanks 'Amazing' story about surviving a deathclaw ambush, Henry turned to Tek. "Tell us about yourself, Tek."

The Asian ma was surprised to hear this. "Why would you want to know about me?"

Henry shrugged. "If we are soon going to be allies, I might want to know your background." He pulled out cigar and lit it, puffing it slowly as he waited for Tek to speak.

It was an amazing story. When Tek was younger he traveled from post apocalyptic Asia by Vertibird and arrived in Sacramento, California territory. He traveled east and would've been killed by raiders if Zero Kano's brother Shiran hadn't saved him.

"Unlike Zero, Shiran was kind and fair. He escorted me to New Reno where I was recruited into the Yakuza. We then set up here."

"Where is Shiran now? Wouldn't he try and take Zero's place?" Boone asked.

Tek looked down solemnly."He is locked in the prison. Zero knew that when Shiran took power he would forge a alliance with he Caecilians. He had him locked in the prison. He's probably dead by now."

Henry nodded." If he is alive, would he take over after Zero's death?"

'Yes." Tek replied. "He would, I’m sure that he would but like I said he's probably dead by now."

Suddenly the floor beneath them shook. Tyler felt a loud tapping underneath him. He got of the crate and moved it to see the floorboards being chipped and cracked.

A voice, which was coming under the floorboards, rang out. "Help! Help for god’s sake are you deaf? HELP!"

Henry bent over and started prying away at the boards, but they wouldn't budge.

"Boss." said Shank. He threw a crowbar to Henry, who caught it and broke the boards away.

About ten beshevled men crawled out. Their clothes were ragged and dirty. Nine of them looked like they should be wearing samurai armor. One however wore a grey shirt and jeans. Even though their beards and hair were tangled and overgrown, they were obviously of Asian decent.

"I know them." said Tek. "They were once called 'The Nine Bosudo.' They used to be Kano's guards, until he got paranoid and arrested them." he looked at the tenth man. "But who are you?"

The man gave a hearty laugh. "You clearly do not recognize your old friend, Shiro Tekanato."

Tek looked as though he saw a ghost. "This can't be possible, Zero sent you to prison three years ago, but my eyes do not deceive me. Shiran, you’re alive?"

The man laughed again."Yes, my friend. Shiran Kano and The Nine Boshudo live."