Chapter 42 Quit Being Jealous of Cherry

Chapter 42: Quit Being Jealous of Cherry

"You need to spit out all the details."

I looked up to find Gramma and Cate standing with a bunch of food in my doorway. I knew I should have locked the door.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, playing dumb. I had been trying to take a nap before they came barging in.

Gramma and Cate walked over to my bed and sat down. "Details on Lucas Crowell," Gramma smiled.

"He is in my grade, my age, and my classes. Is that enough?" I asked tersely.

"He is your boyfriend, too, apparently," grinned Cate. "The whole fan club cried the day he confessed in front of the cafeteria."

"Not my problem," I shrugged, sitting up.

"Does he treat you well?" asked Gramma.

"Yeah. I told him it was his last chance to make it up to me. One mistake and we're...done forever," I told her.

"Have you two kissed?" Cate asked curiously.

"Hmm." Why were they so into my personal life?

"You kissed a boy?" Gramma asked with a shocked look. Cate's expression wasn't that different either.

"Technically, he kissed me. Twice. By the way, I only kissed one guy! Cate kissed like one hundred. Why are you interrogating me?"

"The fan club is gonna cry again," Cate said looking upset. She had completely disregarded what I said about her.

"I am just happy for you, Sandy," Gramma said patting my hand. "What happened to that other boy? The British one."

"Julian's still here. He found himself a British friend, so he ignores me now," I shrugged, trying not to look exasperated. True, I had gained Lucas, but it felt like I lost Julian in all this. He was normally always there, but now, it was him and Cheryl. She probably still had a crush on him.

"Yeah, he doesn't talk to anyone but that Cheryl girl," Cate nodded.

"Cate, can you get a glass of water for me with my medicine? Medicine is in my room. It's a bottle of pills," Gramma ordered Cate. Whining like a child, Cate disappeared downstairs. Gramma turned to me. "So, Julian ignores you?" I nodded. "He found another friend?" I nodded slowly in response. "Sandy dear, has it occurred to you that maybe he feels the same way? You found yourself Lucas. Do you have time for your other friends?"

"Me being with Lucas shouldn't affect my friendship with anyone."

"I understand that, but all I want to know is whether you spend time with your other friends. The way you did before you were with Lucas," she said calmly.

"Yeah. Kind of. Aside from Julian."

"Have you tried talking to him?"

"Yeah, but he avoids me like plague," I said getting angry.

"Keep trying. Friendship is the most important relationship, if you ask me. It's better if you understand it earlier rather than later," said Gramma.

"I know, I know."

"Good. Talk to him," she said in a firm tone.

"I plan on doing that soon enough. Don't you worry."

¤》¤《¤

Taking a deep breath, I walked down the hallway to where Julian stood. Cheryl, as usual, stood by his side. They seemed to be in a deep conversation as I approached them. Julian saw me first, and looked away first as well. When Cheryl saw me, she put on a small smile.