Chapter 7 Walk Away Or Punch That Bastard

High school/College
1st year Freshmen: 9th grade. 2nd year Sophomore: 10th grade. Third year Junior: 11th.
Last year Senior: 12th.

Chapter 7: Walk Away Or Punch That Bastard

The day before the party was just plain horrible. It all started with Piper trying to force me into doing something I didn't want to do.

"But we have to go shopping, today!" Piper whined as we made our way to the lunch line.

"Piper! I told you already. I'm not going dress shopping!" I snapped at her.

"So, you're just gonna show up in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt?" she stated flatly.

We entered the senior cafeteria and took our spots. Nobody really bothered us or tried to sit with us. It was mostly because of Piper. She wouldn't shut her yap at all. I usually said nothing and ignored her ranting. Piper's simply that friend people have who is . . . just a little too much.

I turned my attention to her as she sat to the side.

"Yes, actually. It's a Crowell party that I don't care about but have to show up because of yours and Julian's carelessness. Idiots," I muttered.

"Hey! How was I supposed to know that Lucas was going to hold it against you? Oh, but you could probably get away saying your parents said no," she said excitedly.

"Yes genius, that's an amazing thought, but the problem's that my parents gave their consent. Cate somehow managed to convince them to let us go. Well, technically, she used me as an excuse," I sighed and opened my lunch bag. "She was like, 'Sandy wants to go too!'" I imitated my sister's whiny voice.

Piper giggled and munched on her sandwich.

"Of course, the famous Sandy Evans doesn't party. So, they agreed just because you decided to attend the party?" Piper asked raising her eyebrows.

I nodded sadly. "Unfortunately. Oh, and I'm forced to attend the party. I didn't decide anything," I corrected her.

"Of course. So now I'll see you this Saturday night!" Piper said a bit too excited.

I sighed and didn't say a single word. My mind wasn't on the party. It was about the person who had forced me to party. He was going to regret it.

¤》¤《¤

After I finished eating my lunch, I went to go wash my hands. Eating a full orange was a messy business. I hated having sticky hands.

Quickly, I washed my hands with the disgusting school soap, and dried them with a paper towel.

Once I was out of the bathroom, I heard laughing. There was a stairway about ten feet away from where the noise came from. It was probably some stupid boys ditching class and hiding there.

I made my way back until I heard some taunting. Slowly, I made my way to the wall near the stairway.

Lucas Crowell.

I pushed my glasses up a bit. Lucas and two other senior guys were laughing along with each other. A skinny, small boy stood in front of them with his head down looking at the ground: Avery Dawson.

I knew him, too.

He had autism.

"Just look at him, man! This scrawny little freshman thinks he knows everything. Just wait till we get done with you," one of Lucas's minions said with an evil smile.

Avery was actually a sophomore.

"You know, Paul, this guy won't even feel a difference. He's stupid. He stutters every word: l-li-k-e th-th-this; and look how unmanly he is," Lucas spat out.