Chapter 38: Don't Kiss Me Without Permission

Piper and I spent the rest of time trying to make the best of the research. Julian didn't come back rather we saw no boys hanging around anymore. It was extremely suspicious when one of the girls mentioned Leonardo taking the guys somewhere.

"What are they upto?" Piper asked as she searched the area with her eyes. All of us girls were sitting by the small cliff near the lake. I was eating an orange, now--after finishing that small bag of Doritos. Had to balance healthy and unhealthy foods in my diet.

"I even texted some of the guys but no one replied," Jenna said. She was holding up her cell phone with a disappointed look.

"Who cares? It's so much more peaceful, now," I said enjoying the quiet.

It didn't last too long. Little water drops hit the side of my face. Surprised, I looked up to find Jenna's shirt soaked and something blue stuck there. Suddenly, another girl was hit with something and drenched.

"Water balloon fight!" I don't know who yelled it, but I had my defenses up as soon as possible. I grabbed my backpack and used it as a shield. The orange and I needed protection against these animals.

The only problem was that none of the girls could tell the exact direction the water balloons were coming from. Everyone was getting hit as I tried sneaking away. Piper was looking around helplessly.

It was a good thing I looked behind me before I could have gone further, straight into the guys with the water balloons. All of them were evil.

"Sandy! Are you okay?" Piper asked when she saw me returning back to the group of girls. The water balloons and laughs were more consistent.

"Look for dead bugs!" I hissed at them. Most guys were afraid of bbugs and insects. I know because I used to scare them with the dead organisms.

"Ew!"

"No!"

"Gross!"

"Yuck!"

"Look what I got!" Everyone looked at the shortest girl in the group who stood grinning like a small kid. She held two large closed bags, carefully, in her hands. Sowly, we opened them up. "I stole these from the guys's stash!" the short, reheaded said excitedly.

Everyone was still getting hit by the water balloons except for me because I used them all as my shields. We all grabbed water balloons and started hitting the guys back. I actually managed to get two people and missed three.

"Where are the rest of the water balloons?" I asked the redhead when the supply seemed to be running out quickly.

"Ten feet to the right of the guys," she replied not really looking at me.

"Our right or their right?" I asked. I didn't want to head off in the wrong direction and get hit my water balloons.

"Their right," she replied.

I nodded and cautiously moved away, trying not to draw any attention to myself. It took me a couple of minutes to find the place with the water balloon supply. It was actually pretty high. There were a lot of colorful buckets holding different colors of water balloons. I tried to grab two buckets but they were too heavy. At the end, I finalized with one blue bucket and headed back to my team. Surprisingly, I kept going back and forth three times before I got caught...by none other than Lucas Crowell. I hadn't seen that there was actually a guard guarding the water balloons, now.

I tried to run away, but he caught me quickly. Lucas pushed away my shield--backpack--and legitimately dragged me by the arm. "I found the thief," he shouted to the guys once we reached them.