Chapter 10 Which One Is Cassie?

Thanks for the support everyone!!

*Hands you all Kit Kats and gummy bears*

Chapter 10: Which one is Cassie?

Julian and I entered the orphanage. Apparently, he had done all the settlements with the people there by saying that we were doing a school "project." One of the caretakers did look at us suspiciously but let us go.

We were led to a huge living room. There was a small fireplace in the corner with a burning fire. Small kids aging between five and ten were running around, playing board games, hide and seek, and other activities such as doing each other's hair. There was a feeling of excitement and warmness in the room. I looked at the kids who instantly stopped doing what they were doing when they saw Julian and I.

One caretaker helped us out.

"Boy and girls, this is Julian and Cassie. They're just here to look around and see how all you kids are doing," she said, not meeting anyone's eyes. After repeating some basic social manners, she left Julian and I alone to deal with the kids.

Great.

"Which one of you is Cassie?" a young blonde girl asked us.

I cracked a smile at her innocence. She was serious about the question, and she wasn't the only one. Some other kids looked at us for an answer.

I turned to Julian, who for once had a frown on his face.

"Cassie is a girl name," Julian replied for the both of us.

"Oh, okay. Nice to meet you. Do you wanna play hide-n-seek?" The same girl asked with an excited smile.

"No," I answered. I received a disappointed look from the majority of the kids. It did make me guilty, but I was way too old to play these childish games.

"Yes!" said Julian.

I scowled at him. He shrugged. "Are you sane?" I asked in a low tone.

"I'm only trying to be nice," he whispered back, leaning slightly towards me. "Something you should try."

"Never worked out for me," I mumbled.

"Last one to the door is it!" someone yelled.

A huge roar of squeals and squeaks from the kids were heard as they stormed past me towards the door.

"Oh look, Cassie, you're 'it'," Julian said, his voice distant.

Confused, I turned around and found all the kids and Julian near the door.

"You've got to be kidding me. I' not an 'it' nor am I playing," I said in a stern tone. The last person I played such games with left me out of nowhere, and after that, I lost all interest in everything.

"Aw," a bunch of kids said disappointed.

"Julian, tell your girlfriend to play!" some girl squeaked. I sat down on the couch and looked at the person who said that. I narrowed my eyes at the same blonde girl from before.

"I'm not his girlfriend," I said quickly.

"Yet," Julian added and the kids giggled.

Or never.

I leaned back on the couch and stared at the ceiling. I didn't know why I was wasting my time doing this.

"Hey, Julian, we're here for a 'project,'" I muttered.

"Oh yeah," I heard Julian say. He got distracted so very easily. "Ladies and gentleman, Cassie and I have a couple of questions for you. If you answer them honestly, we'll play hide-n-seek," Julian announced.