Chapter 52: Cassie, Can I Kiss You?

Warning: Tons of drama. I am happy. Oh so happy.

Chapter 52: Cassie, Can I Kiss You?

Cassie's POV

I didn't even know what to think anymore. My life was all going downhill. All the trust I had in the guys poofed. My best friend was gone. My other close friend didn't want to be near me. My so called boyfriend couldn't even meet my eyes. Tears didn't come rather frustration, anger, and pain did. My brain was fried-stressed, more of-and I just wished I would wake up from a bad dream.

To make matters worse, some people were already waiting for me at home.

As I entered the house, trying to make sense of everything going on, I met their faces. "Mom? Dad?"

They sat on the couch with exhausted looks on their faces. Mom was even crying. Cate and Gramma sat next to her, trying to calm her down. Behind me, my older brother, Jimmy, came in with a panicked look.

"What's the emergency?" asked Jimmy as he took my side. I shrugged not knowing what was going on.

Dad sighed. "We went through a major loss in our company." Jimmy and I exchanged a glance. No wonder Mom was crying.

"How bad?" asked Jimmy cautiously.

"Pretty bad. We need a lot of money to cover it up," replied Dad.

"We might have to sell the house," Cate said with a depressed look. She looked at our parents to deny it, but they didn't.

"Or take money out of your girls' college funds," Dad said rubbing his temple.

Could my day get any better?

Upset, I crashed down on the couch. "When did it all happen?" I asked.

"Three days ago. We've been trying to gather money but it hasn't been working," Dad said and leaned back on the sofa. "We lost two major deals to the Crowells, and all the investments we made crashed. It's awful. We'll lose our company in about a week if we can't make a one hundred k payment at least within the next few days."

Jimmy said a bunch of colorful words as he plopped down next to me. However, no one reprimanded him for his language. We were all in the same thoughts.

"You can take the money out of my college fund," said Cate, breaking the silence. We all looked at her in surprise. "Jimmy's already in college. Sandy's almost there. I still have two more years." She shrugged. I honestly didn't expect it from the brat. She was being unusually considerate.

Mom put an arm around her. She had finally stopped crying. "We don't know if that'll be enough, Cate."

"You can always pull money out my college money too," I offered. "I haven't even started college yet. Cate and my college funds can probably make it up." My younger sister nodded in agreement.

My parents sighed. "We'll figure it out. Go to your rooms. Relax. We'll talk about this later," Dad told us. Cate, Jimmy, and I sat still. As expected.

"There goes my savings' account," I said feeling awful. As a future business major, I knew the most important thing in everyone's life: money. The business & finance teachers in school always stressed on a savings account. So I got one. It was going to disappear soon.

"You have a savings' account?" Cate asked. Everyone gave me skeptical looks.

I rubbed my temple. My head was hurting from the stress and pressure. Now, I had to tell them this little secret or remind my parents the secret. "Yeah. I was really pissed off when Cate got her credit card and she wasted so much money on useless things," I said. My sister and whole family was already aware of that.