Chapter 13: I am so screwed. Wait!

Frozeninspot : first person to get it right. About who this scene was going to involve. So, that's awesome! Check out her works and yay!!Great job! And all your comments were lovely :-)

I swear more than half of you readers make my day with your comments.

Chapter 13: I am so screwed. Wait!

Truth be told, I chose the worst forest to run into. First, it was full of bugs that came in contact with my face multiple times. Second, it had lots of trees which was terrible. It was the winter, so trees didn't have any leaves. They couldn't conceal me.

I ran towards the edge of the forest at first so I would easily be able to get out and into the campground. That was a lost cause seeing the boys spread out. I didn't know drunk people could think that well.

"Run faster!" I think it was Tyler who yelled that to his buddies.

Shaking my head, I picked up speed. They couldn't catch me. My morning jogs had to pay off, even though I ditched the two previous days. The voices of the guys got fainter and fainter as I ran.

Only with the thought of getting away, I ran away from the edge. The forest couldn't possibly be too big.

After a couple of minutes, I stopped. I wasn't an olympic athlete; I needed to catch my breath. A large, grey rock sat against a tree with green moss covering one side of it. I sat down on the non-moss covered side and tried to take deep breaths.

I was an idiot. A total idiot. Why did I run off? Why?

I thought about my situation. My parents weren't going to be very happy. First, I had a huge fight with them, and now I ran off. Things were so not going to be in my favor. 

My hand felt itchy. Scratching it, I noticed a small red bump.There were mosquitos and other bugs everywhere. I needed to get out as soon as possible. Dead creatures were acceptable, but I couldn't tolerate the alive ones.

I got up running a hand through my hair when I noticed that I had lost my hat. It wasn't even a legit hat . . . more like a beanie.

Damn.

I started walking back. With just my luck, there was no moon to help illuminate the way. I looked at the pitch dark, cloudy sky with frustration.

"I see how this is. Moon, you are a terrible person--star--satellite or whatever you are," I mumbled.

Shaking my head, I remembered survival skill one: When lost, stay where you are.

I let out an angry sigh and stopped. A large lake stood in front of me. I blinked, scared for once. One more step would have most likely given me death.

The huge lake had lots of water . . . frozen water. It was really hard to distinguish from the normal ground due to the dark. There were some tree branches and even dead animals on the surface.

"Shoot," I muttered under my breath as I took a step back.

Drowning in a frozen lake would be a terrible death. Scratching my head at my stupidity of not paying attention, I turned around.

I was genuinely afraid. It was freezing cold; I had no idea where I was; my stupidity lead me to the middle of nowhere.

I am so screwed. Wait!

I fumbled around in my pockets. My phone was still in there. Hallelujah.

And I had service, which meant that I wasn't too far away. Quickly, I went through my contacts. This was my second cell phone meaning I didn't any contacts except for Piper and Julian. It wasn't like I had other contacts besides my family on the other phone, anyways.