Chapter 15: Disturbed child, maybe?

Dedicated to smiles_ferreros for the awesome support and the lovely banner. Check out her works, peoples!

UNEDITED! SORRY!

Chapter 15: Disturbed child, maybe?

I stared at my family that sat in front of me, in our large living room. It was as if they were waiting for me. I just shook my head at them and proceeded towards the direction of my room. I wasn't looking for an argument or a conversation. They were all annoying.

"Sandy, wait," Mom said in a cold voice.

Irritated, I stopped and approached her. Might as well just get this over with.

"What do you guys need?" I asked with an annoyed sigh.

"Relax, Sandy. Just sit and we are having a family talk," said Mom, nodding towards the couch.

Jimmy and Cate sat next to each other on end of the couch, so I took the other end. Dad sat quietly on the other couch.

"Sisters and brother, your father and I have come to the conclusion that we all need a talk. We have a couple of questions to ask and then you guys will answer one by one. Got it?" Mom asked looking around at all of us.

Cate and Jimmy nodded like good little children. I just crossed my arms and leaned back. Mom didn't wait for my consent. As expected.

"Do you all feel that your father and I should spend more time with you than just the Christmas holidays?" asked Mom as she took a seat next to Dad.

We were all quiet. I wondered if we shared the same DNA.

"It would be nice," Cate said in a small voice, trying to look all innocent.

"Agreed," contributed my older brother, Jimmy.

I had already told them how I felt so I didn't see the need of reiterating my wants. Mom and Dad didn't push it either.

"Do you guys feel that we don't give you enough attention?"

Cate, the attention sucker, said, "Yes!"

I rolled my eyes at her as Jimmy said, "s0Sometimes."

"Kids, we're both really sorry," Dad sighed, "Work is just really time consuming especially when we are competing against the Crowells to stay in market. It gets hard to take out time."

"If the Crowells can make time and throw all those parties and stay home, then I don't see why you can't," I told him.

"Excuse me?" Mom said in disbelief. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful just...honest.

"So, basically, you want your parents to show up once a month to throw parties?" asked Dad, trying to stay calm.

"No, I am just saying that the Crowells take the time out of their schedule to come back home and see their kids, why can't you," I explained, clearing the small misunderstanding.

"We did come here to spend time with you all," said mom, "and for Cate's Sweet Sixteen party."

"Sure," I shrugged. Then, in a lower tone, I added, "Didn't see you come and talk on my sweet sixteen."

"And mine," added Jimmy, in a low tone. I nodded and smiled bitterly. It would have been funny but Jimmy and I were never really given that much attention.

"We did have important meetings!" Mom insisted.

"Just not on Cate's birthday," I said in a low tone.

"Sandy! Quit being jealous of your sister!" snapped Dad.

"Why don't you quit making me feel jealous of her?" I snapped back and stood up.