Crowells Aren't My Cup Of Tea

Feel free to kindly point out any mistakes.

Chapter 4: Crowells Aren't My Cup of Tea

The bell rang dismissing students from the torture chamber called school.

Piper and I packed up our belongings and made our way out of the library.

"Hey, Piper, did Gabe give you a solid reason why he broke up with you?" The question should have been asked earlier, but my evil mind had gotten way ahead of me.

"Nothing in particular. He said we were getting too serious. Thus, we were done," Piper answered.

"Well, he'll be regretting it soon. I need to go to my locker. I'll meet you at my place at four, okay?" It was two thirty, now. I still needed to get things done before we went after Gabriel.

"See you later," Piper said, heading straight.

I nodded and went downstairs. My locker was in the corner of the science wing. As I made my way, I saw Lucas Crowell standing near the edge of the first locker. He was surrounded by a bunch of underclassmen girls. They were handing him carnations, hugs, chocolates, and other things I probably couldn't care less about. Undoubtedly, the girls belonged to the L.C. fan club.

People amazed me beyond comprehension.

Not in a good way either.

I went to my locker, unlocked it, and stared at the contents inside. There were a few Valentine's Day cards addressed to me and five carnations of varying colors: red, dark blue, light blue, white, and orange. I pulled it all out and threw the materials in the trash can nearby.

Like every year, the boys did this on dares and tried to see whose carnations I would accept.

"Ouch. Isn't that a bit harsh, Sandy?"

I turned around to meet the owner of that deep voice. He was leaning against the locker next to mine. When I met his twinkling light brown eyes, I immediately winced. Ignoring him, I turned back to my locker.

Lucas Crowell was never the person I wanted to meet.

At one point in my life, yes, but not anymore. I took out two textbooks--that I would need for homework--from my locker and put them in my backpack.

"You know it's rude to ignore people who are just trying to be polite," Lucas pointed out. He held a bouquet of white and sky blue carnations in his hands, which was most likely given by the girls from before.

"Why don't you try being polite to people who actually care?" I suggested and slammed my locker shut.

I picked up my backpack and started to walk away when I saw the foreign-exchange student standing outside the forensics room. He was talking to the substitute teacher. I needed to teach him so many things. For example, never stay in extra minutes after school was dismissed unless absolutely necessary. These teachers were different people after school was over. Once, I caught my chemistry teacher doing voodoo with chemicals and potions. It was hands down the creepiest thing ever.

Shaking my head, I headed in Julian's direction.

"Geez, Evans, why the rude behavior?" Apparently, Lucas decided to follow me.

"Crowells aren't my cup of tea."

"Wow, I couldn't have guessed," he said sarcastically, "Come on, we aren't that bad."

"You are that bad. Now, piss off. I don't like your presence," I snapped as I started walking faster.

Four years ago, I would've melted in a puddle of sweetness if lucas exchanged a single word with me. However, the case was different, now. Not ever. I learned from the mistake of my past.