Chapter 49 Let's All Torture Cassandra Evans Day

Warning: unedited + over 5k words

Chapter 49 Let's All Torture Cassandra Evans Day

Piper and I had been fortunate enough to make it out of there without getting caught. We bid goodbyes once we reached my place. She told me that she was home alone, so she had nothing to worry about.

But it had been a close call. Nevertheless, I finally had a relaxed and had a good night sleep. 

Julian and I were back on good terms. 

Julian's POV

I was content by the fact that Cassie actually made an effort to restore our friendship. If only she hadn't been so thick, she would have realized that I had been talking about liking her. Girls.

To her unfortunate luck, the alarms went off when she was escaping. That raised a lot of chaos. Fortunately, Cassie didn't get caught. My aunt and uncle were beyond frustrated and scared that something had been stolen. They made us teenagers stay in our rooms. I ended up calling Laura while everyone else looked for the culprit behind the alarms.

"Julian, what's wrong?" my sister's sleepy voice said on the other end.

I laid on my bed with a grin. "I'm happy."

"How lovely." The sarcasm in her voice was evident.

I frowned and clutched the phone next to my ear. "Wait till you hear what happened." She groaned but I ignored it and told her everything that happened tonight. 

"Wait, so you're saying that the girl played Romeo for you? She climbed your window?" Laura asked.

"Yes."

"You're still friend-zoned," she said flatly. "However, that was something. I can't believe she actually did that."

"Neither can I." I sighed.

"Good for you." She sounded tired. 

"Thanks. Laura, are you alright?" I asked sitting up. My sister was never really tired. She had her lazy moments but she sounded exhausted.

"Mhm."

That response bothered me even more. "Talk to me. Actually, let me talk to Mum. She will give me a more clear response on your behavior." Plus, it had been almost a week since I had talked to Mum.

"I can't," replied Laura quietly.

"Why not?"

"She's ill." That explained why Laura hadn't handed the phone to Mum every time we talked for the past week. Mum being ill worried me. After Dad passed away, she consistently went through different health issues. Not good.

"Have you met with a doctor?" I asked concerned.

"Julian, she has been in the hospital for the past week!" 

My sister broke down crying on the other end.

Cassie's POV

Truth be told, I didn't know that someone trying to get into Crowell property was going to make the headlines. Attempted Break-In in the Crowell Manor: Will the Criminals be Caught?

When I saw the headlines Saturday morning, I wanted to hit my head against the wall. They found blood traces on the tree that Piper and I had climbed and blood traces on the ladder. They had my DNA. If only they had someone to compare it to. 

On Sunday, the idiot called Brandon did not show up once again, leaving me worried. The stress from the window-climbing-being-caught, school, and lack of people to communicate with was already there. No need to add another dilemma.