Chapter 12 Community Bonfire

Lemme clear some things up.

I know many of you think Cassie is conceited and self centered. She is always like "I am Cassandra Evans" etc etc. Cassie/Sandy is all ALONE! There is NO ONE there for her. NO ONE to talk to! She is all to herself. She kind of mentors herself and tries to make herself feel better by saying that. I know for a fact many of us sometimes do that. Its a psychological thing. 

Happy reading.

Chapter 12: Community Bonfire

I was a zombie in the morning. I skipped my morning jog again. Petrina made me pancakes for breakfast, but I refused to eat.

Cate told me that her friends were giving her a ride, so I needn't bother waiting for her.

Probably the only good thing that happened.

My first period class was Literature which I loathed going to. Interpreting what old people wrote and got famous for was a complete waste of time.

I sat in the back of the class, and tried to fall asleep. Julian wasn't there to bug me. He was skipping for all I knew.

"Evans."

No one sat close to me except for Julian. Since he wasn't there, it was someone else trying to bother me. I looked up to find Lucas Crowell. He sat in the seat directly next to mine.

"What the hell, Crowell? Go away," I said annoyed. It was torture enough to sit next to him in Math, not Literature either.

"No can do. Ms. Spruance moved my seat here," he shrugged.

I looked at the teacher with dismay. She had always been my least favorite teacher.

We spent the class period just understanding the play for the activity for the next class.

¤》¤《¤

"Hey Evans, wanna go to the bonfire with me tonight?" Lucas asked as we packed up our bookbags. There were only five minutes left of class.

"What bonfire?"

"The community bonfire. Well, my parents are helping put it altogether. It's from six till ten," he elaborated.

"On a Monday?" I asked.

"Yeah. Because my parents are leaving on tuesday for a business trip, so the community people were fine with having it tonight," Lucas explained.

"Cool" was my best response.

"So, do you wanna go?" he nudged me.

"No." He really thought I was going to go with him. I was going stay home and sleep. Routine life all the way.

"Killjoy. It's gonna be fun," he insisted.

"Lucas, does it look like I even wanna be in your presence? No. So, leave me alone," I snapped.

The bell rang overhead. Without another look at him, I walked out of the class.

It was going to be a long day.

¤》¤《¤

"No."

"Please, Cassie!"

"No means no, Julian," I said sharply.

Julian had called me once I got home from school. He was home with a small cold. Petrina would force me to go to school even if I was dying. Life wasn't fair. And now, he wanted me to go to the bonfire with him tonight. Good thing he was on the phone with me or I would have thrown something at him.