Return Of The Rents

"Ryder!" Beck called. He grabbed my arm and dragged me away.

"No. Of course I didn't want to see our friends Beck"

He dragged me into the bathroom.

"Guess what?" I could already tell by his smirk and hickey on his neck.

"You and Kells had woo hoo"

"You take the fun out of everything"

"It keeps me awake at night"

"Yes, we had sex stupid"

"Congrats"

"Ryder, you can act like a girl for a few minutes"

"I'm good....your just gushing to spill your dirty guts, arnt you?"

"Yes"

"You can later" I said walking out of the bathroom and back to my locker.

"Where did you two go to?" Kellan asked as we walked up to Holten and him.

"I'm sure you know" I muttered.

"You okay?" Holten whispered to me.

"Just dandy" I got my stuff and walked away. I really didn't know what was wrong with me. Guess I was jealous Beck had a relationship with someone. Or maybe it was because my parents had texted me this morning saying they were coming home today.

After school, I made it to my car and was getting in when I was pulled back out.

"What do you want Holten?"

"For you to tell me what the hell is wrong"

"Nothing's wrong"

"This isn't You, so yeah something is" I snorted.

"Isn't me? This Holten. This is all me. This is how I always am."

"Used to be. The first week or so of me meeting you yes"

"Maybe because my parents weren't here! Maybe because I actually got to be normal and have fun! That's all gone now Holten!" I yelled before getting in my car and driving away.

Holtens Pov

Okay, it all makes since now. Rents coming home, equals that bastard he calls dad is coming back.

I don't think he knows why exactly he's upset. Which makes me think, a shitload more stuff has happened in that house. He was trying to protect himself by shutting everyone out. Especially me because he told me what happened to him. I don't even think Beck knows how horrible his parents are. Daya does but she really needs to help Hannah more than Ryder. Which leaves Ryder to me.

After I drove the love birds to Becks house, I headed to Dayas. She opened the door and looked confused.

"Hey Holten"

"Has Ryder gotten Hannah yet?"

"No, why would he?"

"His parents. I think their coming back"

"Oh fuck"

"I'm gonna go check on him then"

"Where is he?"

"Not sure. If he comes here let me know"

I drove to his house and when I saw his truck outside I sighed in relief. I headed inside and heard Austin Carlie's voice. I saw him cleaning in the kitchen.

"Ryder!"

"What Holten" he said after turning the music down.

"Let me help you"