Fun in the Sun

Ryder's Pov

I quietly snuck into the house. The sun had just risen. I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around.

"Uh hey mom."

"Where were you?"

"I was with Holten."

Her eyes flashed with happiness.

"The one you like?"

"Uh I don't know how you knew that but yeah."

"I'm your mother Ryder. I know when my baby is in love." I smiled at her.  

"When is dad coming home?" Her carefree expression fell.

"I don't know."

"Mom, you need to leave him. I'll protect you and Hannah."

"We don't have anywhere to go."

Danny. You can trust Danny.

"If I can find a place?"

"I'll think about it Ryder. He could hurt us. I don't care about me as much as Hannah and you."

"Don't worry about me mom. I won't let him touch Hannah."

"I think I might be more convinced if I got to meet Holten."

"Are you blackmailing me?" I asked grinning. 

"No. I'm your mother. I'm telling you." I laughed and pulled her into a hug. Hannah ran into the hug. 

"What are you doing up Hannah bear?" I asked picking her up.

"I heard you and mommy laughing. Holtens coming over?" Mom laughed at this.

"Two against one Ryder." She pointed out. 

"Fine. I'll call him. Can my other friends come over too?"

"Sure. I haven't met any but Beck."

"Mommy what are we doing today?"

"You know, maybe Ryder can invite his friends over now and we can go to the beach. Ryder told me how much you loved it when he took you."

"Really?" She squealed. 

"Yeah, I'll see if they can come." 

I picked up my phone. I really didn't want to bother Holten. Neither one of us got any sleep but I was gonna get a monster later. 

Beck said he was going to go get Kells and come over. Daya said Oli was already at her house so they were coming. She would be telling me details later. I sent Holten a text.

'I hate bothering you. My mom wants to know if you want to go to the beach with us. I know you're probably asleep. So i'll see you later baby. I love you.'

Before I put my phone away, it buzzed.

'I can't sleep. I want you next to me. I'll be there soon. I can't wait to meet your mom. She seems really nice. I know before was because of him. I love you too.'

"They're on their way." I told her. 

"No one knows about Holten and you."

"Why do mom's have to know everything?' 

We got dressed and had breakfast while we were waiting for everyone. Hannah squealed.

"What?" I asked. 

"Chandler's here!" I looked out the window and saw Mrs. Dawson's grandson. 

"Come on. Lets go see if she'll let us take him." Mom said, grabbing Hannah's hand. When I heard a car outside, I ran out. Daya and Oli were in her car. The other three were in Becks. 

Holten got out and ran towards me. He jumped on my waist. I was laughing.

"You're so crazy."

"You're one to talk." He retorted. 

I dropped him and he landed on his ass. 

I yelped. He looked at me confused.

"Not the precious booty!" He laughed at that. I held out my hand and pulled him up and into me. He pressed our foreheads together. 

"I missed you." He told me.

"You just saw me, but I missed you too."

"Just kiss already, please!" My mom exclaimed. 

I did just that. 

"I knew it!" I heard Kells and Daya shout. 

"Yay!" Hanna squealed. We all chuckled at that. 

"They're Hanna's OTP." Oli said. 

"Ryder, this is my friend Chandler."

"Hey Chandler."

"Hi. My brother has a boyfriend. I like him."

"That's cool." I said smiling. I liked that he accepted that because Hannah really needed his friendship. 

***************

"Holten! Put me down!" I yelled. 

"Okay." He said dropping me in the water. When I surfaced, I slapped him. Mom had taken a picture, I glared at her. 

We had been here all day. It was honestly one of the best days of my life. 

"Ryder, will you take me out into the water?" Hannah asked. I picked her up and saw Chandler standing there.

"Want me to take you?" Holten asked him. Chandler nodded and Holten picked him up. 

Holtens Pov

We played with Chandler and Hannah. It hurt me but I also had fun. I wanted to cry. He reminded me so much of Logan. I should've been there for my baby brother. 

When we took them back to shore, I saw Kells looking at me. He knew what I was feeling. 

I took off running down the beach and sat down. I saw Ryder running towards me.

"Logan?"

I nodded. He sat down and pulled me into his lap. He pressed his lips to mine. 

"I'm really sorry Holten. I have no idea what you're feeling but i'm here for you."

"I love you Ryder."

"I love you too Holten." We stood up and walked hand in hand back to them. It was time to go home.

SOOOOO....um hey. I'm back. I had no drama in this chapter, just for you guys. You deserved it for waiting this long.