The New Guy

"Ryder, Wakie Wakie!" Hannah yelled, jumping on my bed. I grabbed her and began tickling her. She laughed and I couldn't help. It laugh along. I carried her downstairs and smelled. I went into the kitchen.

"Me and Daya made breakfast" she said grinning. I kissed her forehead and put her down. Daya handed me a plate of two pancakes, eggs, bacon and grits.

"Yum" I said before digging in. They also ate and then we headed upstairs to change.

"Wanna pick out some clothes?" I asked Hannah. She pointed at a pink sun dress. I handed it to her and she changed while I looked for my own clothes. I choose a pair of dark blue jeans and a navy Aeropostle shirt.

"Pick out some shoes" I told her heading to the bathroom. I changed and looked in the mirror. I sighed at my reflection, dark circles under my eyes. They were always there no matter how much I slept, I had nightmares that woke me up or kept me restless. I headed to my room and saw Hannah had picked out flip flops with pink flowers that matched her dress. I grabbed her brush handed it to her. She brushed through it a few times till it was knot free and straight. She put it away and ran to find Daya.

"Wow. Someone's gorgeous." I heard Daya say. I chuckled and put my black and navy Vans I had luckily left here on. I walked to Daya's room. She had a long blue dress on. Her hair was curled at the ends. She was wearing blue flip flops and currently doing her makeup.

"So, mom and dad called last night. They says grandad offered to take them with him and grandma on a cruise to the Carribeans", Hannahs face feel,"They also said they would bring us something". She smiled but it wasnt her normal one.

"Are you serious? Do you want me to watch Hannah? You guys could stay here."

"Hannah can. I will be working a lot more and late" I said. Hannah had tears in her eyes. I knew she didn't like sleeping without me in the house. She felt safer.

I sighed, "I guess I can work and then come here to sleep" She grinned and I smiled at her. Glad to see her happy again.

"So now that that's over, let's go see a movie. That new princess one, Brave?" Daya suggested.

"Yes please Ryder?" Hannah asked. I nodded and picked her up walking downstairs. I grabbed my wallet and Daya unlocked her car. We had gotten Hannah a car seat for her car. She was almost big enough to ride without one. When we got to theatre I bought while they got the popcorn and drink. I walked over to them. They were pouring pounds of butter into the popcorn.

"Isn't that enough?" I said smirking. Daya stuck her tongue out at me.

Hannah loved the movie. I kept throwing popcorn at Daya the whole time. She was glaring at me as we walked to her car.

"I love you Daya" I said grinning.

"Don't talk to me. Hannah,where to next?"

"The park?"

"Sounds good. Then we can hit up the mall". We went to the newest park in town. The only other one was an old one. I used to play on it before they built this. By that time I was to old to play on one. Now the old park is where teens go to hang out, make out and what not.

"Want me to push you on the swings?" I asked Hannah. She nodded and ran to them.

"Wanna push me to?" Daya asked, waggling her eyebrows. I laughed.

We spent two hours out there. Hannah would definitely pass out tonight. We headed to the mall and ate. We had Chinese and Hannah got Chick-fil-a. God I love Chinese food.

After we ate Daya announced she was heading to Hot Topic. We also went to a few other stores.

"I have to work tonight so we should head home" I stated. Daya nodded.