51

I don't know how long we kept hugging each other. The grip Rahul had around me was so tight yet so gentle, I felt home after a long time.
But I knew this is not forever. So, I slightly pushed him and turned to leave when he held me.
" Please" he whispered
" I can't" I replied
" We'll find some way. I'll talk to your father. Please, I can't lose you again" he begged and something inside me broke, all over again.
" No, we can't. And you can't talk to him this was the reason I hid it from you. I knew you would want to talk to him. But his situation is not good. I can't lose him. " I said looking down at my feet.
He took a deep breath and hugged me once again, " if that's what you want then okay. But remember, I'll always love you" I looked at him and smiled through my tears, he kept his hands on my cheeks to wipe my tears and then he kissed my forehead. I snaked around his neck and pulled him for a kiss.
This kiss was not like any of our other kisses. It was different, it was filled with pain, love, and happiness all at once. A kiss we never wanted to end.

__________________________

When I came out, I saw all our friends standing outside the room with grim expressions, I smiled at all of them and then looked at Kiara " what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready? Let's go." I took her hand and dragged her to her room.
As we entered the room, she hugged me and I burst into tears once again. " How's it feeling?" She asked breaking the hug, I gave her a smile " I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my chest, I feel good." She smiled at me and hugged me again.
Kiara was in the washroom when the door burst open, and there stood Bhavna and Ashita. They both looked at me for a few seconds before launching themselves on me.  I was literally getting crushed between both of them but I didn't mind. I missed it.
" I'm sorry you had to go through this all alone," Aashi said " yeah, and also sorry for hating you without knowing the truth" this was Bhavna. " Guys, I'm getting hurt," I said " I know, we have hurt you a lot. We are really sorry" " guys! what I meant was is you both are crushing me" I spoke again. They immediately broke the hug " oh shit, I'm sorry" they both said in unison and I  gave them my biggest smile.
" Guys, even I'm a part of this group hug, please add me" we heard Kiara and we all hugged once again.

___________________________

It was the wedding day and I was happy, I got my Gang back. Though there is still some awkwardness between Me and Rahul. We didn't really talk after everything. And maybe it's right. This will make things easy for both of us. I have someone else in my life and I just can't leave him like that. Especially after how much he supports me in everything. Yes, Vibhor didn't leave my side ever. And I'm Lucky.

Well, right now I'm sitting with Kiara's cousins and Aashi as we are planning how we'll be stealing the most guarded thing tonight. SHOES.
We are all set to attack the shoe. But we know it'll be difficult. So, Aashi has already done something which has eliminated at least 20% of guards.
She made sure at least three of them get as drunk as possible. And now they are not in condition to guard and that includes Mayank as well.
We are going to win...Hehahhahahahaha..

Soon the time has come when Ronit is here for pheras and we are waiting for Kiara's mother to get done with her aarti so that we can attack. Soon Aria (Kiara's sister) and I were on Ronits foot pulling out the shoes. Which are also snatched by Harry, Sinan and Rahul who are being assisted by Vibhor. As Vibhor is trying to push us behind.
Suddenly I got one shoe and Sinan got another. Aashi, Jia and Aria ran after Sinan while Rahul and Harry ran after me.

Pro tip: wear Jeans under lehenga it makes running easier.

I ran upstairs as fast as I could but then I'm being followed by two best sportsmen of the country. Harry almost caught me when I pushed the Table towards him and Ran to other side dodging Rahul's attempt to catch me. Soon I was trapped between the wall and two bulky men.
" Harry, there is nothing you can do now. So cut the slack and give us the shoe." Harry said walking towards me
" Harry, I dare you to even touch me. Imma gonna rip you off" I warned him knowing it to is of no use because that made Rahul laugh

" Harshi, don't. It'll hurt you only.and I don't want you to get hurt. " Rahul advised and that's when I know that guy still loves me and I can use it against him

" Baby, please na. Let me go." I siad with my puppy eyes and pout.

"BRO. NO. SHE'S JUST TRYING TO MANIPULATE YOU"

"No baby. Why would I ? " I asked innocently and Rahul just smirked and rolled his eyes, I knew it's not working. So, I used the bramhaastra .

" Rahul baby if you let me go right now, I promise you I'll Give you a Kiss" I said hoping this might work.

" Hahha.. Harshi. You really think I'll buy that?" he said walking towards me along with Harry.

I knew I lost it to them. I was just hoping that atleast others got the other shoe. Kl was about to catch me when suddenly, he went for Harry instead of me. Making both Harry and I confused

" Harshi Run"  Kl said and that's when I realised

So I took off " Bro. Noo. Rahul wtf dude. " I could hear Harry whine and then I heard Kl calling me so I turned " Harshi, when can I come to take my reward?" With a wink and a smile making me blush.

Soon I was in Kiara's Room with the shoe to find others have got the other one too. We hid them in a secure place.

" Thank god you guy got them. Or else It would have been so embarassing." Kiara said making us all focus on her.
She was looking so beautiful. And suddenly it hit me that my best friend is getting married. MY BEST FRIEND. The one who always stood by me. Always took care of me and my happiness. The one who is ready to fight the world with me.
I walked up to her and hugged her tightly.
"Congratulations Kiaru. You're going to get married to love of your life" I said with a huge smile but Kiara saw something else too.
She just helps my head between her palm and kissed my forehead. " I wish you the same" and that made my smile disappear for a second but then I Gave her big Smile.
It's supposed to be happy day not sappy day.

_________________________

We all were sitting looking at the couple getting tied into a previous bond.
I was Happy for her but the thought that I would never have what she has, was kinda making me jealous. especially when I could see KL's piercing eyes on me.
I could see the same emotions in his eyes which were in mine. I could tell exactly what he was thinking. But I tried my best and ignored his piercing look.

Suddenly my phone chimmed and there was a text from Him. I looked up and saw him looking at me. I opened the text
" Your promise. Meet me near garden in 10 minutes and I dare you to ditch me. I'll make sure you regret it"

______________________

When I reached the garden I saw Rahul on swing. I walked up to him and sat beside him. And he quickly intertwind our hands and that kinda made me smile.
We kept sitting in silence for a few minutes before he finally spoke
" I knew you won't be keeping the promise. I just don't like seeing you lose. So chill I won't ask for it. " And that made me smile.

" Thankyou"

" I wish we could be as lucky as them." He breathed and I just looked down.
" Harshi, can I ask you for something. ?" He asked making me look at him, I nodded.
" Can you please give me one day of your life? Just one day. I just want to experience a day with you if I can't get a lifetime. Just one day where we can be with each other for eachother. Where we can love eachother without worrying about anything. Just a day.
I promise I won't bother you after it. "
I had tears in my eyes because it was all so painful. I tightened the grip on his hand, i stood up in front of him. And pulled him in for kiss. This kiss was soft, sweet and salty all at the same time. I broke the the kiss and looked at him
" I didn't want to break another promise. And yes I can give you that one day to you."