45

I heard every word Nandu said. I know she was being protective but I don't think Rahul is at fault. She entered the home fuming.

" Why did you say all that to him?"

" because you can't."

" Nandu, you know I have hurt him. Obviously, he'll react like that."

" I know, but I also know that even you were hurt"

" Still, you can't talk to him like that"

" and he can talk to you like that? Not in front of me"

" He's my problem. So, you better stay out of it''

" seriously? For once start taking you fucking stand. You keep hurting yourself for the people you love. I told you at that time too. I told you to take your stand. Didn't I?"
I said nothing " okay fine. Fuck you and your problems. I'm leaving"

" where?"

" away from you"

" Nandu, atop being an idiot"

" I'm not being an idiot. You are. You always tend to become idiot"

With that, she left. I don't knowhow to react. My life has literally become a movie. I can totally make a Drama over my life.

It's been two hours since Nandu left. Benign anxious. I tried calling her but she is picking up. I'm on the verge of crying. My Lil sister is away and I have no clue where she is.
Just then my phone rang and I answered it without looking at the caller id.

" Nandu, where are you?"

" it's Kartik and she is at her friend' s place. She informed me. "
I took a breath of relief " oh thank God"

" She told me everything. Why didn't you tell me you met him again?"

" I didn't know what to say? I saw him and all I could see was a broken man. A man I broke into a million pieces. I thought I'll admire him from far but I guess that's just not possible in our case" I said as my tears rolled down

" You saw a broken man? I have been seeing a broken woman for the past two and a half years. If he's broken than even you're. And thank god it was Nandita who was there if I would have been there I would have broken his pretty face. Nobody can talk to my sister like that. Nobody. "

" Bhai, why is my life such a mess?"

" it's not. Everything will be fine. Trust you brother. I'm gonna fix everything"

" Thanks." With that, I disconnected the call and went to sleep.

———————————

My sister left for Pune the day after. She's still upset and I also didn't push it much. Currently, I'm leaving work and going home.
I was in the parking lot when I saw Alisha coming to me.

" what are you doing here?"

" We have to go shopping. You forgot we have to buy clothes for Ronit's wedding"

" Alisha, you know Rahul il doesn't like you being with me.?"

" I do and I don't give a fuck. He can't decide for me. Anyway let's go shopping"

" Alisha I'm not going to their wedding"

" what? Why?"

" I don't think I can face all of them and I can not hurt Rahul. "

" Harshita, weren't you ready to get him back?"

" Alisha let's stop all this. Please"

" Are you crazy. ? Let's go with me." She said as she entered my car and I took the driving seat. I saw her texting someone furiously but I ignored it. " where to?"