Chapter 22

I felt nothing. I don’t feel a single thing.

My body is numb and my head hurts, a lot.

I open my eyes widely, but soon enough, wince at the pain of the light. I want to say something, yet nothing comes out of my mouth. And once I shut my mouth I taste fresh blood. My head is like rock concert; when a drum stick hits the drum, the drum trembles, loudly.

“Scream” My head tells me. And I did.

“Bree?” A soft voice asks. I instantly notice Maddox, but he’s not inside. He’s out. How did he get there? I intently look at him, he looks fine. He has a few scratches on his face, and there’s a cut on the side of his head.

Why am I still inside?

My eyes start to water. I feel my bones out of place. “Maddox,” I cry, “it hurts.” I tell him.

That’s when my vision starts to blur, I’m losing my sight. Instead of fighting back, I close my eyes and let the darkness consume me.

[]

There’s yelling. All I can hear is people yelling at each other. They’re not bickering. That’s not how werewolves deal with each other. We yell at each other to let them understand what we’re pointing out.

I open my eyes once again, but this time, I don’t wince.

My parents are here. Axel is here. Alpha Reddox and a stranger are here.

Maddox is here.

“THIS IS YOUR FAULT WHY MY SISTER IS HERE!” Axel yells at Maddox.

That’s when I wince and groan, “Stop yelling at each other.” I croak out.

They all look at me with wide eyes. Axel and Maddox stop yelling at each other, and they both walk to my bed. “How are you feeling?” Axel asks concern in his voice.

“I feel like shit. I look like shit.” I say.

“Bree, ladies—“

“Ladies do not say bad words.” I say, mocking her. “I’m sorry mom. I’m expressing myself.”

I then turn my glaze to my mate, “Why are you still the same-ol’-self, Maddox?” I suspiciously look at him. “Your bones aren’t broken, and you’re still hot headed.”

Maddox scratches his head, “I…um…I woke up like this?” He tries.

I glare at him, “Do you want me to shove a dirty sock in your mouth for stating bullshit right in front of me?” I curse once again. I look at the other side, my mother glaring at me. I turn my head slowly, to face him, intimidatingly. “This has gone way too far Maddox. Tell me, what’s wrong?”

“There’s nothing wrong with me! Don’t go over speculating things, I’m not Nancy Drew to know all your answers.”

“The fuck are you saying you don’t know shit about yourself man.” Axel grudges. “She’s not asking God for the answer, you asshat. She’s asking you, you dumbass!” Axel growls.

This is the first time I’ve seen him, angry. He doesn’t get angry, ever.

My parents silently talk with Alpha Reddox. I can’t hear them, because I don’t have hearing powers, which suck dick.

“Maddox, I think you should stay away from my daughter.” My dad tells Maddox. “It’s for the best.” 

Wow, I’d never thought that it would go this far. Maddox is my mate, and as much as I love our teasing and fighting, separating us was the least thing that has come to mind. I like torturing him, it’s entertaining to watch.

“She’s my mate.” Maddox tells my dad. “You can’t just separate us! It’s impossible!”

“I know what you are Maddox. You will bring danger to everyone else in our world!” Dad yells at him.

He knows Maddox’s secret.

I want to know.

Maddox’s eye suddenly turns dark, “I don’t give a fuck if you know about my secret. If I’m away from her, everything will be worst.”

“Maddox, enough,” Alpha Reddox demands. “This is impossible to do. Instead, the both of you are not allowed to go anywhere.”

“No. I won’t allow it! My daughter is here because of him! My daughter hasn’t shifted yet! She doesn’t heal quickly! It will take her months until she’s okay!” My mother tells Alpha Reddox. “And you!” She points at Maddox, “You’re not right for my daughter! You’ll just end up killing everyone!”

I gasp. My mother isn’t usually like this, and she went off the limits. “Mom! You can’t just say that in front of him!”  

I want to know. I want to know why my parents want Maddox out of my life. I’m curious, what’s wrong with Maddox? What is he?

“Enough, let’s leave these two alone. They are old enough to make their decisions.” Alpha Reddox chimes, “As their parents, we need to respect their choices.”

My parents huff and so does Axel. All of them compromise, going out.

Maddox takes of his shoes, slowly pushes me a side without hurting me, and then lies down next to me.

He takes my hand and interlaces our fingers. “Bree, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you’re in this state. I’m sorry that I’ve been jerk to you. I’m sorry for be—“

“Okay, okay, I get it! Sheesh! I’m not dead, I’m alive! And oh! I’m alive, I’m alive, I’m alive! And oh! I can fly, I c—“ I sing, but get cut off.

“I know you’re alive, Bree. You don’t need to sing that Justin Bieber song.” Maddox sighs, “It’s my fault that you’re here. You’re still human which makes it a lot—“

I slap Maddox’s face, “Shut up! Stop grieving. This isn’t the first time I’ve broken my bones—this is probably the third time. Maddox, why can’t you just tell me? I’m your mate. You’re supposed to trust me.”

Maddox sighs, “Since it’s fair enough. You usually see my dad, right?” I nod in agreement. I haven’t seen his mother. “My mom died when she gave birth to me.” He sighs, once again.

“Then?”

“My parents are different. My father is a pure werewolf, while my mother was a Broken Werewolf.”

All Rights Reserved

Author’s Note: HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LITTLE BABIES! I LOVE YOU GUYS! HOW’S IT GOING? OH YEAH, THERE’S ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER. I’M SORRY! I LIKE THE SUSPENSE IN THIS BOOK! I ADVISE YOU TO READ SOME OF THE FIRST CHAPTERS, I ACTUALLY GOT OUT OF BED AND DECIDED TO REVISE SOME PARTS! ALSO, WHAT’S YOU’RE NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION? DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME! I SHOULD DO A FOLLOWING SPREE! OH YEAH, I LOVE YOU GUYS!