Chapter 23

I was lost of words.

I can’t believe it. 

I don’t even know what to utter.

Maddox isn’t a Hybrid. He’s still a werewolf. He’s a different classification of one.

The Broken/Broken Werewolves are powerful. One Broken can destroy a living army of soldiers, without getting hurt badly. They are like Lycans, but it takes two to kill one Broken. They kill authorities, even those from the committee. The Broken were bitten by passed punished werewolves, meaning all of them are extinct but one seems to be alive. That’s the Broken Dean, he’s like a demon sent from hell. He is here to torture us. He’s here to show his purpose in our world. He’s the only pureblood—he’s the only one that has survived for a very long time. His people are only half bloods. They are his minions. He tells them what to do, and they should do it. 

And what disgusts me most is that he needs to continue his race. He allures or rapes women and then takes their child once they are born. They’re all related, but with different mothers, and yet some of them have sex with each other because they’re not allowed to have sex with normal werewolves.

I’m confused. Normal werewolves and Broken Werewolves are not destined to be with each other. Broken Werewolves don’t have mates.

It’s impossible for it to happen.

But there’s Maddox, in his glorious self.

I wanted to laugh at him. I wanted to tell him, “Bullshit”, but I don’t have proof. Also, Maddox does act like Broken Werewolf.

Remember the time where he threw branches of trees everywhere? Yeah, that part, normal werewolves can’t do that. We are strong, but not that strong.

Maddox also has a problem when he apologizes. The Broken never apologize, as in, never.

Somehow, I don’t care if he’s different. I don’t care if I’ll be the only one that’ll give a shit about him. 

I turn my head towards Maddox, “Who gives a shit if you’re different?” I tell him. “That doesn’t change anything about us.”

I wanted to tell him how much I care about him even though I’m currently mad at him. He was a jerk, so there’s a reason why I should be mad at him.

“You don’t know how much danger I’ll put you through.” He whispers. “Broken Dean doesn’t know, but his minions do. His people know that I’m half a monster.”

I nod, “Your parents were mates…how?”

“Out of a blue moon, my father actually trespassed, their territory one day, and he saw my mother crying. Mom was Broken Dean’s favorite daughter. She lived with that bastard, but she was okay with it. She didn’t know much about him, she only saw the good side—I never knew he had one. Once mom discovered all those treacherous things he’s done with women and to normal werewolves, she left him and continued her journey with my dad. They were happy. Broken Dean didn’t even care about her, but there were times where a Broken was on the search for her. They didn’t care about him though, they were too busy and happy once they found out my mother was pregnant with me.” Maddox explains. “There were pictures of them. They were in love. Somehow, sparks flew everywhere every time they were together.” I hear the sadness in his voice every time he spoke.

“I’m sorry Maddox,” I sympathetically say. “I know it’s not okay, but there’s always a great side in everything. You have me, but me,” I weakly point at myself, “I’m still irritated with yo’ ass.”

“I know,” he laughs, “you don’t need to remind me everyday woman! I’ll apologize, I promise.”

I scoff, “You’re lying. I know it. Once I’m out of this prison for the fourth time—I think—I’ll be there when you’ll apologize to Tiffany. Tiffany is nice to me, so there should be no problem when she slaps you for sleeping with her and playing her games.”