Chapter 21

“Shit, shit, shit, shit!” Maddox curses, repeatedly. 

I laugh silently, looking at his flustered face. He’s in big trouble—big, big trouble. 

Maddox drags me with him at the corner. “Maddox Alexander Peredon! What did you do this time?” Alpha Reddox growls, demandingly. 

“I’m with my girlfriend!” Maddox hisses. 

I scoff, “Girlfriend? Please.” 

“Is that Bree?” Alpha Reddox states, smugly. 

Oh God, please help me through this.

I take the phone from Maddox’s grasp, and place it against my ear. “Don’t you dare start with me, old man—I’ve gone through enough crap with your son.” I chuckle slightly. “He’s like you, strong willed.” 

Alpha Reddox laughs, hardily. “Me? Oh please, I’m much sexier than that idiot.” 

I scoff once more, “Yep, he’s definitely like you. I guess he’s tracing your footsteps then.” 

“He needs a pair of ballsto look like this. He’s a pus—“ 

Maddox snatches the phone, “Dad, shut up! You’re embarrassing me!” Maddox grumps. 

Maddox and Alpha Reddox, go well together. I’m jealous with their relationship. It’s been a long time since I heard my parent’s laughter. Maddox enjoys his father’s company, and so does Alpha Reddox, at this age teenagers tend to break their bond with their parents. But these two people are far from breaking their bond it was if they were brothers from another mother.

“Wait, are you using her for sex?” Alpha Reddox, loudly asks from the phone. 

Maddox smirks, “Nope, Bree is my mate. I kidnapped her.” 

“That’s great son! That’s how we deal with women, right?” Reddox sarcastically states. 

“Dad-“ Maddox whines. 

“No, just no.” Reddox disappointingly states, “That’s not how I raised you, son. You’re supposed to ask, and be nice. Did she find about—“ 

“Tiffany,” he scratches his head, “yeah, she knows. I broke things off in front of her, which made things more complicated with the both of us. She’s a fighter dad.”

I smugly look at Maddox, he’s got that right. I hate guys who mess around girls. I only want men to realize that we’re not toys, we’re human like them. They think it’s a joke when it comes to having sex, but for us, giving ourselves to them is very important. 

“Where are you?” Alpha Reddox asks, worried. 

“Out,” Maddox replies in a hesitant voice. 

Alpha Reddox groans, “You’re going to get caught Maddox. This is one of the reasons why I didn’t want you to go there. You’re going to harm the others. Go back.” He commands. 

Maddox sighs, “Fine,” he presses the end button, and then looks at me. “I’m sorry Bree for ruining our date, totally my fault. I’m s—not allowed to go out.” Maddox takes my hand and kisses it. 

I put on a disgusted face. “Ew,” I say, “cooties! Cooties everywhere!” 

Maddox smiles at me. I felt my jaw drop. He’s so sexy when he smiles, I can admire it forever. 

He lifts my chin up, “I know I look attractive.” 

I compose myself, “Bullshit.” Lies!  

“We should go,” Maddox drags me back to the parking lot. 

For the past few days, I’ve noticed something about him. He’s secretive. He’s hiding something, but he doesn’t want to tell me. Obviously, other people know, these are important people to him. He trusts them. 

But I want to know. I want to know what’s going on that big head of his. I want to know why he’s bipolar. I want to know everything. I won’t use his secrets against him. I want to help him.

That’s what mates do, right?     

“Fucking shit,” Maddox whisper yells. 

I look at him, “What’s wrong?” I ask, worried. 

“The Broken, they’re here.” Maddox wraps his arm around my waist, and carries me bridal style. “I’m sorry sweet cheeks, but you’re slow as fuck.” He runs all the way towards his car, and tosses me at the back seat.

I hit my head on the other side of the door, “Aw that hurts.” I moan, rubbing my head gently. I sit up, but my head hits the top.

“These damn humps,” Maddox growls, irritated. 

“Calm down idiot, the world isn’t going to end.” I growl, grabbing the head rest. Maddox doesn’t say anything, “Maddox, are you okay? How many hands am I holding up?” I put my hand in front of him, showing four fingers. 

He quickly slaps my hands away, “Four! Stop distracting me, they’re chasing us.” 

I laugh, “Stupid, I only had one hand up.” 

“Just shut up, and I’ll drive past the limit, okay? Okay.” Maddox speeds up. 

I clutch the back seat, “Shut up and drive, drive, drive.” I sing, trying to ease my thoughts. Bullets hit the back window, “They fudging have guns.” 

The Broken usually don’t act like this. It would expose the both of us, and everybody knows how much we avoid that. Maybe Maddox has a past with them? But he’s not a broken, he’s an Alpha. The Broken do not socialize with ordinary Werewolves, ‘They’re out of our leagues’, that’s what Axel would tell me. 

I suddenly felt excited. 

I know I used to be a reserved person, but being with all these people, I’m someone different. I’m not vulnerable. I’m not sensitive. 

You’re a fucking smart ass Bree. A badass mothafucka. 

“Bree, you’re not a badass motherfu—“ 

And that was it, the car tumbled over. 

All Rights Reserved 

Author’s Note: “YAH FILTHY ANIMAL” Heyo! I JUST WANTED TO SAY, THANK YOU GUYS! I’M GLAD THAT YOU UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION! BUT HAPPY HOLIDAYS, IT’S ALMOST CHRISTMAS! Also, don’t forget to vote, comment, and follow! I LOVE YOU GUYS!