FIVE

FIVE [NEW]

It's been a week, and I've done a tremendous job of concealing myself. Axel and Jasmine have kept me in check, always asking if I'm okay and if I feel like I'm about to faint or convulse.

It's also been a week since our surprise exams were released. I failed it like a pro. So far, everyone in our pack had a passing score but not enough to be considered at the top. Our plans are working, and hopefully, they'll continue.

My parents contact me every day, making sure we're doing all right. They remind me to eat healthy and not to forget to exercise and do what I'm told to do.

It's my third class. Thankfully, if Jasmine and Axel are not around, one of the members is here to keep me company.

Harris is quiet, like me, that's until Tony is with us and I'll have a Tom and Jerry show live.

"So how was your week? Has anything strange happened?" He asks with genuine concern.

"Well, as long as I'm alive, I'm doing all right," I respond.

Harris scratches the back of his head and lets of an uneasy laugh, "Straightforward, cool, cool, cool, cool."

My brows furrow in confusion. Why is he so uneasy? "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just. I don't know if it's the right time to ask, or if it's even appropriate, but what the heck, can we go out for coffee sometime?"

The scrunch on my brows deepen. Am I hearing him correctly? Did he just ask me out?

"Are you talking to me?" I ask, clearly still confused about the situation.

He chuckles, "Yes?"

This is weird and awkward. I occasionally engage with him and Tony in our house, but we've never really had a decent conversation before. I would have never thought that he'd take an interest in me.

"Are you sure?" I question.

"I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't sure," he tells me with a soft smile. "Do say whether if you're going to reject me or not because the wait is actually killing me."

I honestly don't know what to say. Goddess, take the wheel.

I blink a few times before saying, "Did you ask permission to my family? You do know that I'm under strict orders from my parents."

Does he even know there's a bro-code? What am I even saying? I'm basing everything off of movies and books. Jasmine's never really talked about boys, says they're a bunch of dumb-dumbs trying to grab her ass all the time.

"I did ask permission, even long before, I was just waiting for the right time to do it," he replies.

"Oh, well, okay. Let's have coffee during our break?" I ask him.

He nods his head. We're silent once again, and the teacher walks in. He begins his lecture and my mind spaces out.

I think about Harris' question, something tingles inside my stomach, and I feel my cheeks flush. Is this the feeling of having someone ask you out? Although I'm still quite confused, I have a few questions running through my brain.

What does he even see in me? I'm literally disabled to the werewolf community. I rarely speak, and when I do, it'll probably be something weird and maybe rude. I'm boring.

Does he like the challenge? Maybe he has a fetish of damsels in distress? Does he like someone disabled and helpless?

Stop overthinking the situation, Brylee. Yes, you don't know the reason, but it doesn't mean you have to degrade yourself. Know your worth.