Werewolf Academy - Chapter 38

TWO MORE CHAPTERS AND WE'RE ON TO FOURTY <3 CAN'T STOP SQUEALING!

Werewolf Academy – Chapter 38

I feel the sunlight burning my face. Oh dear lord it's too early. Where's the fucking moon when you need it? Damn you sun!

Squinting, I groan as the burning light hit my eyes. "What the?! Maddox! Why are the blinds open?!" I yell. I shield myself from the light and sit up from Maddox's bed. "Maddox where are you?" I yell.

All I hear is the tic of the clock. I don't sense Maddox's presence anywhere.

"Maddox?" I erratically jump out of his bed. "Maddox?" My breathing hoists up. No. This isn't what I think it is. He can't do this to me.

"Maddox?" I call for his name repeatedly. He'll come back. I know he will. I shuffle around his dorm room with a panicked face. Going back to his bedroom I look for his phone and find it in its exact spot. It's where he always keeps it.

I frustratingly comb my hand through my hair. Scrolling through Maddox's contact I select his dad's number. I press the phone to my ear and silently pray that everything's okay.

"Maddox?" Alpha Reddox's voice comes out raspy and quite surprised.

I feel the tears brim the edges of my eyes. He's not with his father. From what I've gathered he left and he didn't even say goodbye. "Maddox's gone..." I cry through the phone. "He's gone. He didn't say goodbye."

"Oh sweetheart," Alpha Reddox says, his voice cracks a bit. "Don't cry. We should wait for him okay? Let's think that nothing bad is going to happen." He calmly tells me.

"Why aren't you freaking out?" I squeak. I rub my cheeks to wipe off the tears but as soon as I wipe them more tears streak down my face. "What aren't you telling me?" I know he knows something but why can't he tell me directly?

Alpha Reddox sighs, "I drove him to a forest last night once we put you to sleep."

"I want to see him." I faintly say. "Take me to him please," my voice begs.

"I'm sorry but I can't take you to him sweetheart. I promised him that I would keep you away." Alpha Reddox replies back.

My heart shatters once I hear his reply. "I'm begging," I try not to release more tears but they just kept flowing and flowing. My mind's everywhere right now. I'm not thinking straight. "I need to see him. Please. Please. Please."

"I can't I'm sorry sweetheart." I hear the sympathy in his voice.

"Is this goodbye?" I ask him, "Will I never see him again?" I question him.

"I don't know sweetheart. Let's just think positive, I'm pretty sure he'll come around once his wolf is ready." He sounds like he's sure. How can he be so positive that everything will be okay? "Listen sweetheart let's just talk things over at school. Meet me at the gym at lunch."

I let out a breath, "I don't think I'm going to school." I reply sadly.

Alpha Reddox sighs, "Sweetheart if Maddox was here he would make you go to school because he didn't want you to worry. He wants you to forget for at least a few hours so it wouldn't hurt."

"What if I don't want to forget? It already hurts. It's painful not to see his smile anymore, his laugh. Does it really feel like this? Like you want to die?" I sincerely tell him.

"Trust me sweetheart I've gone through those stages. It hurts to know that their gone but my boy has a chance. There's a chance that he'll stay alive." He confidently says.