Chapter 15: With every guitar string scar on my hand

MJ told herself that today was the day she was going to confess to Peter. There was no time to waste, she had to go find him and talk to him. Good thing it was Saturday that way she doesn't have to worry about school and dealing with Brad.

Brad was so annoying, looking back on it, she should've never let a guy come between her and her friend. Peter is a much better person than Brad will ever be, just thinking about him ticked her off, she shook her head at the thought.

But there was a problem, MJ didn't know where Peter was. She stopped by Ned's house and Ned said he wasn't there, she went to his apartment and he wasn't there.

Where else could he be? It's not like he disappeared into thin air, he's gotta be somewhere and if it takes all day to find him she'll do whatever it takes.

After she left Peter's apartment, MJ walked around to every place she and Peter have been to together. Talking to Mr. Delmar but he said he saw Peter a week ago, so he wasn't very lucky either.

She then started texting Liz.

MJ: Liz, I made a mistake. I need to talk to Peter but I cannot for the love of me find him anywhere.

Liz: M. Seriously? You came to my house crying over your fight with him. Why are you trying to talk to him?

MJ: Because it was stupid, the whole fight began because of Brad. I should've talked it out instead of getting mad at Peter, he was just looking out for me.

Liz: Alright, where is the last place he would be? I mean there's gotta be somewhere you haven't checked.

MJ thought about it, he wasn't at Ned's, his apartment, Mr. Delmar's Deli, or the café. Then a lightbulb went off, he's at Stark Tower! Where we first became friends and started our project.

MJ texted Liz back and called out for a taxi and headed to the Tower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter sat in Tony's lab tinkering with Dum-E his thoughts were clouded, he didn't understand how he was feeling. Tony called out to him but Peter wasn't paying attention. "Hey, kid. Hello earth to Peter." Tony waves his hand in front of the teens face.

Peter snapped out of his daze, "Oh, sorry Mr. Stark." He apologized.

Tony looked at the boy curious about what was going on his headspace. The kid has been spacing in and out pretty much since he got there on Friday. Every other weekend is when Peter spends the night at the tower.

It was rare for Tony to see Peter this quiet, usually he'd be talking his ear off. But seeing the heartbreak in his body language and expression, made Tony feel terrible for him. He didn't like seeing the kid upset, so he had to try and give him some advice.

"What's going on in that head of yours Pete?" He asks.

"Honestly, I don't know a lot has happened since I came back from Paris." Peter replied honestly.

"What happened? You never told me." Tony said.

Peter then started explaining what went on in Paris. Tony walked over to him and hugged him from behind. He didn't say "I told you so!" Or revel in his victory, he felt sympathy for Peter.

"I'm sorry kiddo, how can I help?"

Peter sniffled, "I- I don't think you can Mr. Stark." Tony took Peter's tools away.

"C'mon Bambi, let's go." Tony turned Peter's swivel chair around and started picking him up and dragging him up the stairs to the living room. "Mr. Stark, why did you just drag me upstairs?"

"Because you're depressed and in dire need of my attention, I've got ice cream in the fridge and we're watching a movie." Tony answers.

Peter didn't argue about it so he sat down on the couch cuddling up with a blanket skimming through different genres of movies. 

Tony put popcorn in the microwave and went over to Peter giving him his ice cream and sitting down next to the boy. He let Peter lean his head on his shoulder.

"It'll be okay bud." Tony says to the teen.

Peter only nodded and continued to scroll through movies. He found an action movie and pressed play, soon the popcorn was ready.

Tony got up and got the popcorn sitting back down and letting Peter get comfortable again watching the movie.

As they continued watching the movie F.R.I.D.A.Y. Tony's AI spoke, "Sir there is a young lady waiting at the elevator, shall I let her up?"

"Who is it?" Tony asks.

"It's Michelle Jones sir, she wants to speak to Peter."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 15