Chapter 13: And oh, take me out and take me home. You're my, my, my, my lover

While Peter was walking around he found an old swing set hanging from the tree. It seemed no one owned it so Peter sat down on the swing and began moving back and forth, the feeling of the wind in his hair felt relieving and he was relaxed. All of his stressful thoughts went away in that moment then his mind drifted to MJ and he felt a smile creep onto his face, wait why was he smiling? He and MJ aren't on the best of terms right now so why does he have a smile on his face?

He stopped the swing and got out his phone and started texting Ned. He was freaking out. Why was he thinking about MJ? After their movie and he was walking her home he wanted to kiss her. Hold on does he have a crush on MJ. He told Ned to meet him at his hotel room and Ned agreed. He got off the swing and started heading back to his hotel room, he got there and met Ned by his door. They both walked into the room and Peter closed the door behind them.

Peter was pacing back and forth, spewing off all of his thoughts at once. "Alright man, what's going on?" Ned asks.

"I think... I have a crush on MJ." Peter said.

The room went silent then Ned cheered out of excitement. "I knew it!" He exclaimed.

Peter shook his head, "Thanks for shouting that to all of Paris Ned."

"Oh, sorry." Ned apologized.

"I've been thinking about her a lot lately, m- more than I should. But I don't stand a chance against Brad! He's pining after her, and I don't know what to do dude!"

Ned sighs, rolling his eyes. "You two are impossible, she likes you, you like her. What's holding you back?"

Peter lays back on his bed, "Honestly crippling rejection," he glances at Ned, "I really like her, Ned. More than I've liked anyone, I can't mess this up and I can't lose her either."

"Then you need to tell her how you feel!" Ned said.

"How do I tell her if we're not on speaking terms?" Peter asked.

"Talk to her. That's all you have to do, apologize and talk to her. Don't worry about Brad."
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

A few days later.

MJ never knew about Peter's undying love that he confessed to Ned days before. She only knew and acknowledged him as her best friend, even though both parties loved one another but didn't express it. Even though they were mad at each other they missed one another.

They didn't speak to each other, but their friends noticed how unhappy they were, and essentially how depressed they became. MJ became sad and tried doing things to get her mind off of Peter, whereas Peter became guilty and needed to tell MJ how he felt.

Even the adults with them on this trip noticed the changes in their moods and offered to help in any way they could but to no avail, they were mad at each other and mad at the people who took advantage of them both.

Ned, Liz, and Betty knew they had to do something to get Peter and MJ on speaking terms. But the question was how. How were they going to get their friends to be in the same room and talking?

While sitting on his bed Peter kept thinking about MJ and needing to apologize to her. He really missed the good old days. With no worries, no responsibilities, and no drama. Just him in this great big world but trouble always crept around the corner. Parker luck seemed to ruin any sense of good in Peter's life.

First his parents, then Ben, and now MJ. Could it get any worse? Of course it could because this day was already bad enough. Screw it all, right? No, he's not going to give up. He has to find MJ and make things right. He decided that today was the day he was going to talk and apologize to MJ.

He got out of his hotel room and tried looking for MJ but couldn't find her anywhere so he went to Betty & Liz. "Betty! Liz!" He called out.

They turned around and grimaced at him, "What do you want Peter?" Liz asks.

"I need to find MJ, where is she? I'm trying to make things right with her." He explains.

"She and Brad went out to the Eiffel Tower." Betty informed. Peter thanked them and ran out the door reading a map (good thing he speaks fluent French and can read the map) and getting to the Eiffel Tower. He started climbing up the stairs and once he got to the top the sight he saw was unforgiving.

It was MJ & Brad but they were kissing. They pulled away and turned to see Peter Brad smirked and MJ looked shocked. Peter shook his head, tears in his eyes. He then speedily descended down the Eiffel Tower steps with MJ right behind him calling out to him.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

A few minutes ago.

Brad brought MJ up to the top of the Eiffel Tower and they began to talk. "MJ, I need to tell you something important." Brad began.

MJ turned to Brad, "What is it Brad?"

"Well... I really, really like you. And I honestly didn't know how to tell you." He said. MJ was rather shocked but she didn't feel the same, she had to tell Brad she likes someone else. And before she knew it he was kissing her. She did not like it and she tried to pull away.

Once he pulled away they turned and saw Peter. His eyes glossed over, tears strung down his cheeks. Soon he turned on his heels and bolted down the Eiffel Tower steps with MJ following suit.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Present time, Peter was continuing to walk, not wanting to stop, while MJ chased after him. She finally caught up to him and stopped him. "Peter it's not what you think!" MJ exclaimed.

Peter shouted, "Yeah, right! I actually came to find you, to make things right between us. But instead I find you kissing the guy who's been tormenting me for weeks!"

MJ was crying now, "Peter it's not what it looks like." She sobbed.

"H-how can I believe a word you say? How can I trust you?" He asks.

"Y'know what I'm done, to think I actually wanted to make things better. It's ruined because of you!" Peter sobbed.

Soon Peter left MJ, going back to his hotel room and laying down, eventually crying himself to sleep and MJ doing the same once she got back to her room. They leave for New York in two days, this was horrible now there are two broken hearts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 13