Chapter 10: And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you

MJ's POV

Liked by lizziemaguire, peterparkour, theguyinthechair, bettybrant and 20,13 others

brad_davis: Finally got her to laugh. 😍

tagged: newyorkjones

view all comments...

user92: And Brad does it again, with the amazing photo.

user23: How do you do that Brad?! Also that girl is really pretty!

newyorkjones: @user23 Thank you!

lizziemaguire: MJ your smile is really cute!

newyorkjones: @lizziemaguire You're acting like I don't laugh or smile WTH?!

(WTH means What the heck, I don't swear so yeah.)

peterparkour: @newyorkjones Well....

newyorkjones: @peterparkour Shut it Parker. 🤣

brad_davis: Yeah, shut it Parker. 😑

theguyinthechair: @newyorkjones, @peterparkour Mom, Dad, stop fighting.

bettybrant: @newyorkjones, @peterparkour See! You're making Ned sad. 😢

lizziemaguire: @newyorkjones, @peterparkour I swear to god if you both start making Betty cry I'm gonna murder you.

newyorkjones: @theguyinthechair, @bettybrant Don't worry guys we're just joking.

peterparkour: Yeah, guys don't worry. 😁

I listened to Liz, me and Peter stopped teasing each other. Recently Brad and I have become friends and have hung out a few times. But my huge crush on Peter hasn't decimated it's gotten stronger every time we were apart, speaking of Peter, him and I are catching a movie tonight it's going to be really fun and I can't wait, but I can't treat this as a date or else I'll humiliate myself in front of Peter and he'll never want to talk to me.

Let's hope all goes well. Maybe Peter will wanna do this again soon, I hope so, because hanging out with him is different every time, it's like an adventure. We met up at the theatre getting two tickets, Betty and Ned saw the same movie on opening night and said it was awesome. We got some popcorn and went in the auditorium sitting in our seats.

After the movie ended Peter and I were in awe, but overall I liked it, Peter did too and I'm glad we got to hang out since the both of us have been pretty busy. Peter has his internship and I've got after-school curricular, so hanging out was a lot of fun.

It was about ten at night now and Peter was walking me home and we were talking and then we got to my doorstep. "I had fun tonight Parker." I said.

"I had fun too MJ, I'll see you tomorrow right?" He asked.

"Yep I'll see you tomorrow loser." I answered.

We smiled at each other and then I walked inside my house.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Peter's POV

After MJ shut her door and I started walking away my cheeks flushed a crimson red and I was smiling like an idiot. Was it bad that I may have sort of wanted to kiss her? Oh god what am I saying we're just friends besides, Brad wants to ask her out.

I've got nothing on him, he's hot, a photographer, and every girl is pining for him and I'm just a nerd, a loser. No one would date me even if I was the last person on earth. I honestly can't stand Brad he's such a tool! I don't want MJ to get hurt.

I got back to my apartment and got ready for bed since I have school tomorrow. Maybe I should talk to Ned and see what he thinks about MJ and Brad, he gives somewhat good advice.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The Next Day

I woke up and got ready for school talking to May for a little. "How was the movie with MJ last night?" She asked.

I smiled remembering our fun filled night, "It was good we had fun, the movie was awesome!" I said.

"I'm glad you guys had fun, you better hurry bud, also Tony is picking you up after school and you're staying the night. I don't want you home alone all night and day." She explained.

"Alright, see you later May have a good day!" I head out the door walking through downtown and to the subway getting to school on time as usual. Got some extra work done since I didn't have my first period until a quarter till eight and it's almost that time. (Don't come for me, I'm homeschooled.)

I got my books from my locker and headed to home room sitting next to Ned. Hours went on before we were able to leave and head to more and more classes then it was lunch where my friends and I were having casual conversation.

Once we were done with lunch it was free period in which I went back to my locker putting up some of my books, but grabbing my book I needed to return to the library. "Hey Parker!" I heard a voice.

I turned and saw Brad and the look on his face was seething rage. Oh god, what did I do? "I thought I told you to back off!" He exclaimed.

"I did Brad, why are you whining to me?"

"No, you didn't. Because you commented on my Instagram post." May the lord have mercy on my soul not to kill this idiot. "Seriously, that's what you're so mad at me for? MJ barely smiles, let alone laughs. I was just saying something from a comment her friend Liz made." I explained.

"I don't care about who you were talking to, this is your final warning stay away from MJ." He threatened.

"You don't deserve her affection because you won't get any of it, MJ is too good of a person to fall for your bull crap." I said, which I soon regretted because I felt a throbbing pain in my cheek, Brad had just punched me. Until he stopped looking down to me,

"Maybe you learned your lesson, like I said before; stay away from MJ." He said as his footsteps descended. I got up and headed to the nurses office. I told her to call Mr. Stark, who was worried but came to pick me up.

We walked out of the front of the school, getting into his car in silence. Then we started driving away. "So, Peter, you gonna tell me why you're getting out of school early and why you're battered and bruised?" He asked.

As I looked out of the window trees, houses, buildings, and street lights were blurred and fading out of view as we drove. "I don't know, I got hurt. It's not a big deal Mr. Stark." I say.

"Kid, you really think I'm gonna believe that terrible story you just gave, sure you get hurt but you can't cause yourself to miraculously get a black eye on accident. Unless it was a miracle I'm only going to give you one chance to tell me the real truth so let's hear it." He said.

I sigh, "Just some kid at school thinking he's better than everyone and disrespecting my friend." I fessed up.

"He did this to you?" I nodded my head in response. I don't wanna talk about this anymore. I just want to lay down and fall asleep where nothing bad can happen. I freaking refuse to wake up from a nightmare tonight.

"Alright, well, I gotta tell May tomorrow about her nephew coming home with a black eye."

"Okay." I said. Once we got to the house I saw Ms. Potts she said hello which I returned the favor, and went to my room flopping down on my bed and laying down soon falling into a dreamless sleep which of course would happen since my day has sucked so far. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 10