Chapter 14: Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?

The plane ride was long and grueling for everyone, Peter just wanted to get home and fall asleep. And MJ wanted to drown herself in dark, depressing humor, to just shut the world away and try to forget all of the drama.

Peter & MJ haven't spoken to each other ever since their fight, soon days turned into weeks before Peter and MJ crossed paths again. Even when they did they didn't have anything nice to say to each other for example Peter got a C- on his Spanish homework and was ranting to Ned about it.

"I am miserable..." said Peter in a sad tone.

"Yes you are." said MJ.

"I have failed my mission." Peter continued.

"Yes, you have." MJ retorted.

"And I could use some words of encouragement..." Peter said staring up at MJ.

"Yes, you could." That was the last thing MJ said before leaving and sitting in her seat. Peter scoffed he was not originally talking to MJ, so why did he keep the argument going? Well part of it was sheer stubbornness,

And the other part of it was he wanted at least a sliver of conversation between them. He just didn't want to admit it, he was definitely not apologizing for what he said. He meant what he said at least part of it maybe, his heart ached, his eyes were burning from the many nights he spent silently crying.

The same goes for MJ too she's too stubborn but will still make a rude remark and then go back to ignoring him. It was like switching a light on and off over and over again, both Peter and MJ couldn't stand each other. MJ was mad at Brad too because he caused a wedge in her and Peter's friendship.

She needed to tell Brad that they'll never happen even if she doesn't tell Peter she likes him, she still isn't into Brad like that. So when her class ended she went to find Brad, soon she found him in the cafeteria she walked up to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Oh hey MJ, what's up?" He asked.

"I need to talk to you." She says. Brad gets up from his table telling his friends he'd be back and so he followed MJ to the hall and spoke.

"Look Brad, the stunt you pulled in Paris wasn't okay. I'm sorry but I don't like you that way," MJ says.

Brad scoffs, "It's him isn't it?"

"Who's he? I'm confused."

"Parker, it's him, you like him don't you? I mean c'mon MJ why do you like him?" MJ didn't like Brad's hostile behavior so she decided to shut it down immediately.

MJ crosses her arms, "I like Peter because he's kind, smart, and honestly from the way you're acting, Peter's a better person than you."

"Right, so you're in love with a loser. A girl can really pick em can't she."

"First of all Peter isn't a loser, second you're one to talk when you've dated every girl in this school. And the harassment on Peter is gonna stop right now, because if it continues, I'll go to the police and file a report for assault and battery." MJ shouts.

Before she leaves she smiles and flips him off as she walks away. Peter was right, she thought, how could she be so stupid? Why did she ignore him? She probably needs to talk to him but at the same time she's still hurt. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 14