Chapter 16: I take this magnetic force of a man to be my, Lover

My hearts been borrowed and yours has been blue (that's the rest of the chapter name since it's too long above.)

"It's Michelle Jones sir, she wants to speak to Peter." Peter's eyes went wide, part of him was happy but the other part of him was sad. Did he want to talk to her? He was gonna have to face her at some point.

Can he bolt? No, that'd be rude and uncivilized. Why, why must girls be so complicated? No. Why must love be such a complex and complicated thing. Would the world be better if everyone was honest? Peter thought.

Yeah, he's gotta man up and talk to her. He can't avoid MJ forever even though he wanted to, at least a little. Hold up- why was MJ wanting to talk to Peter on Monday she absolutely despised him and didn't attempt to talk to him.

"Sir, shall I let her up?" F. R. I. D. A. Y. asked,

"One sec Fri, Pete what are you thinking?" Tony asked the teen.

"I- I don't know, I wanna talk to her but at the same time I don't." Peter answered with a sorrowful expression.

Tony sighed, "C'mon kid, I know you still like her, if not like, love her. You've gone through a lot of stuff but that shouldn't stop you from being happy." He said.

"You're like the son I never had, Peter you're a good kid and deserve to have a good friend like MJ. Right now she's downstairs, go and talk to her." Tony finished.

"Wait you think of me as a son?" Peter asked. Tony nodded, "Of course I do, you remind me of myself in a way but the only difference is I didn't have a person guiding me, but you do."

Peter walked up to Tony and hugged him, "You have no idea how much that means to me, and how much you mean to me, is it okay i- if I call you dad?"

"I- I mean I won't if you d- don't want me to!" He exclaimed nervously.

"I'd like that Pete, I love you."

F. R. I. D. A. Y. chimed in, "Love you too sir."

Peter laughs, "Fri you just ruined a perfectly content moment between Peter and me, but I love you too." Tony shook his head.

"I love you too dad, also Friday let MJ up and tell her to meet me in the lab." Peter said. He let go of Tony and went to the elevator. Getting into it and heading to the lab.

All that was going through Peter's mind was: What if everything would stay the same? What if MJ ends up hating him for all of eternity?

The elevator dinged before he knew it the doors opened and Peter was walking towards the lab, with his heart practically beating out of his chest.

He got to the lab and waited for a few minutes, tinkering around with a little side project when he heard the door to the lab open, Peter turned and saw MJ standing awkwardly in the doorway.

He shifted awkwardly as well, "Hey." She said.

"Hi." Peter replied back.

At first it was awkward silence, neither of them knew what to say. But MJ was the one to speak up, "I came here to make things right, I was such an idiot for hurting you the way I did." MJ said.

"No, I'm sorry I should've been more supportive of you liking Brad instead of being a jerk." Peter said.

"That's the thing Peter, I don't like Brad that way. I never have, when you saw us on the Eiffel Tower Brad kissed me before I could tell him I didn't like him."

"When we weren't talking I wanted to scream, because you're the best thing I have in my life. And I don't wanna lose you Peter."

Peter sighed heavily, "I never wanted to lose you but I couldn't deal with the pain and drama, especially when Brad was threatening me to stay away from you. It honestly sucked."

"I cut off all ties with Brad so we won't be seeing him anymore, he's completely out of the picture. I told him if he kept harassing you I'd go to the police and file a report." MJ said, rubbing her arm up and down.

"You'd do that for me? Why? I'm not that special." Peter says looking down at the floor.

"Because you're my best friend Peter, and I did something stupid. You don't deserve that pain not a single bit of it." MJ says with a genuine smile.

"What does this mean now, are we good?" Peter asks.

"Yeah, we're good. Wanna meet me at my house tomorrow and have a movie night? I'm gonna invite Liz and Betty, maybe you can invite Ned." She says.

"Yeah! Sure I'll text Ned tonight and ask."

"Cool, well I gotta go so I'll see you tomorrow at 8 P.M. on the dot, don't be late." Both MJ and Peter walk towards the lab entrance and to the elevator.

Peter laughs, "Yeah, Ned and I will be there, assuming he says yes."

He and MJ parted ways and he went back upstairs seeing Tony sitting on the couch watching the movie they were watching before MJ briefly came over.

Peter exclaims, "Hey! You're watching this without me?"

"Uh yeah, you took too long. Snooze you lose kiddo." Peter shook his head and sat down next to Tony leaning his head on the older man's shoulder.

All was well in Peter Parker's little world, and it felt great knowing he and MJ were on good terms again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 16