Chapter 6: Take me out and take me home

MJ's POV

Liz and I haven't hung out in a while so we decided to hangout with Betty at her house. My mom dropped me off and Liz practically dragged me into her room where Betty was waiting for us. "Hey Betty." I greeted.

"Hey MJ." She greeted me back. We started talking about movies, our projects in very vague detail, then crushes. Liz was bugging Betty about her crush on Ned then Betty turned the tables onto Liz about her crush on another boy from a different school named Daniel.

Then they turned to me expecting to tell them everything about Peter. I'm not that desperate for him to be my boyfriend, we're just friends but I can't help but like him.

"C'mon MJ." They begged. Except I shook my head, besides they know almost everything. I really didn't want to talk about Peter. I just wanted to hang out with my friends.

"Fine don't tell us." Liz said, smirking. We now only have a few weeks to turn in our projects. This'll be fun. I honestly hope everything works because if it doesn't both Peter and I will look like fools.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Peter's POV (but in third POV.)

Peter and MJ have become really good friends. He thinks she's super cool. She doesn't care what others think about her. Him and Ned were walking through downtown and decided to go get a little something from the café.

After apologizing profusely to Ned about his latest Instagram post Ned forgave Peter. It was just a joke so the two teens were able to laugh about it later. They walked into the café ordering some coffee. "Peter don't look now but Flash is looking at us." Ned whispered.

Peter turned his head slightly and saw Flash staring coldly at him and Ned. He put his attention back on his best friend and proceeded to talk to him. They got their coffee and left the café what they didn't know was Flash and his buddies were following them.

They turned the corner and were stopped hearing Flash's voice. Peter rolled his eyes, "Oh would you look at that Parker's girlfriend isn't here to save him."

"I mean it's all fake anyway no one would date this dweeb." Flash mocked.

Peter was really getting tired of Flash being a jerk he needs to just shut up and mind his own business. "I'm sorry, Eugene, but.."

He chuckled quietly to begin, then finally the phrase, that would cost him a whole lot of damage in the end came out...

"I don't kiss and tell." Peter said that to indicate how many girls Flash has gone out with but broke up with because he was "bored".

Peter's eyes were usually warm but now they were cold and hollowed looking. No emotion. No expression. Just utter defeat he didn't know how everything went wrong.

Flash didn't say but his rage was evident. He pushed Peter against a brick wall in an alley. While Ned was held back by his friends. He repeatedly punched Peter in the face and kicked him.

Ned was shouting for them to stop but they weren't having it. They were enjoying beating his friend to a pulp. "This is what you get for what your girlfriend did!" Flash yelled.

The pain was seething and burning like he was on fire. When Flash was bored he stopped he and his friends left. Ned rushed over to the battered and bruised Peter.

He picked him up and since they were only a few blocks away from the Stark Industries tower that's where they were headed. Ned was worried, in that moment he felt powerless his friend was hurt and he couldn't do anything about it.