CHAPTER 41

This time, my gist is for y'all Abuja peeps! It's about one outstanding gadget plug like that. From phones to earpods, to phone cases to cables, if it is gadgets you want, they got it! Get the most exclusive and fancy gadgets at the most affordable price. The biggest gadget plug in FCT with nationwide delivery; capitalgadgetplug.

Even our Maryam here bought a beautiful case from them, this case is so fancy that the princess's painting is neon and it glows in the dark! Check them out, patronise them and share! Make sure to get a couple of cases to fancify your phones 🙌 I got a few from them to match different colors of my outfit 😁. They were so generous they gave me free popsockets and the girliest earpiece. 💕

Instagram : capitalgadgetplug
Phone number : 09037545007

*

Yusuf's POV

The warmth of her embrace melted away all the coldness that the events of the day had built in my heart. I didn't hesitate for once to wrap my arms around Maryam and pull her into me, letting our souls as well as bodies collide. But as much as I'd want to hold this position forever, I was too worried and curious of how I had come back to see the house in such disarray and in her absence. I pulled away and stared down at Maryam, my hand cupping the side of her face that looked streaked with a heavy sadness and anxiety.

"What's wrong? What happened Maryam?" I asked her, stroking a gentle thumb over her cheek.

She didn't answer, instead her head craned upwards, looking at the ceiling and then whipping from side to side which only made me even more worried.

"Maryam what's the matter? Where are you coming from?"

She was silent again and stepped away from me, basically running deeper into the house. I followed Maryam to her room and watched as she frantically pulled out a huge bag and start stuffing her clothes inside.

"What's wrong please, Maryam please tell me." I implored, I was completely confused.

The bag was filled up in no time and I noticed that not even half of Maryam's wardrobe had fit inside. She had only packed a few pairs of clothes. She then hurriedly walked past me and roamed her hand through the sheets of her bed until she found her phone.

"Maryam?" I stood in front of her after she had straightened up. "What's wrong? Do you have any idea what I was thinking when I walked in to an empty house? I was thinking the worse... and if you hadn't walked in that door, I was about to call the police. Where did you go and what happened? I was so worried Maryam and seeing you act like this, I still am. Tell me what's wrong. Please."

Maryam placed a hand to her forehead and held her head before sitting back heavily on her bed. She looked distraught and truly horrified. My heart was racing at all the possibilities of what it was that had happened to her. My mind was torturing me with all the scenarios it was painting and I felt I couldn't handle the suspense anymore.

"You can talk to me." I kneeled before her and took her hand, removing it from her face and making her look at me. "Please Maryam."

"I can't stay here..." she finally spoke with shaking lips. "I don't want to stay here Yusuf, just take me away from this place... please, anywhere from here."

Maryam stood up and walked past me and I could see the way she balled up her hands before she picked up the bag and shouldered it. She really was determined on leaving. But why?

"You didn't answer me Maryam. What is wr--"

"Let's go, please, let's just go." she gave me one final look to show how serious she was before she stormed out of the room and left me to follow her again.