Chapter Twenty Four

I'm not gonna tell yall what happened. Everything will come out the closet later. 😘 - Jay
Jaelynn
I was chillin with Sean at my house when I received a call from August. "Hello." "Wassup ma?" "Nothing. Where you been?" "I was real busy yesterday. Sorry bout that ma." "It's fine. Are you over working yourself still?" He chuckled. "Something like that." I sighed. "Ima beat you." He laughed. "Nah you aint." "Ok, watch August." "I gotta talk to you bout something tho." "What?" "You went to lunch with some nigga yesterday?" He didn't really seem mad, just curious. "Oh yeah, I was at lunch with my friend Sean. I had helped him pick out an engagement ring for his girlfriend." "Oh aight. I had to make sure." "Don't worry. I'm a good girl." He chuckled. "Yeah ok. But I gotta go bae. I love you." "I love you too." I said before hanging up. Sean looked at me. "You & dude really in love huh?" "I guess you could say that." "I wish I really had that man." "Whatchuu mean?" "You know I'm only marrying Kera cause of the baby not no love. I wish I was real in love with shawty or somethin." I laughed. "No you don't. Love comes with alot of pain." He nodded. "But regardless of all the pain, you still with dude, so the love must be strong." I nodded. "I guess so." "I still don't agree with you marrying her if you don't love her. That takes the fun out of marriage." "I know but I still gotta do it." I sighed. "Ok whatever." "My family is having a whole party for me to propose to her. I want you to be there." "Don't you think that's weird?" "Nah, it aint like we fuckin. Me and you just friends and I want my friend to be there." "Fine, I'll come."
Next Month (July- Sean's party)
I got out my car walking into the party. I immediately spotted Sean in his all black attire as everyone else had. He looked cute. I walked over to him giving him a hug, "Look at chuuu. The gorilla done got all dressed up." He chuckled, "Why you always hating on me yo? Don't you get tired?" I laughed. "Aint nobody hatin on yo uglahh." "Come on hater, lemme go introduce you to people." He introduced me to his mother, who I noticed seemed very uptight and kept giving me weird looks. I respect my elders, but she was gon' make me murk her ole Sojourner Truth lookin' ass. Then, he introduced me to his father, who was the exact opposite of his wife. He was very welcoming and funny. Then, he introduced me to alot of his aunts and uncles then siblings then finally, his soon to be fiancé. She frowned at me immediately, but put on a fake smile to hide the frown. I don't blame her for not liking me though. I'd be mad if August was spending all his time with some other bitch while my pregnant ass was sitting at home alone.
We ate and talked until it was time for Sean to go on the stage to propose. The whole time, I could tell something was wrong because when I mentioned the engagement, he'd make a weird face. When he went on stage, everyone became silent. "Hello everyone." Everyone shouted "Heyyyy Sean" He chuckled and continued, "We all know my reason for being here today. Kera, I really like you. You're gonna be the mother of my first child and I really appreciate that. I'm thankful that you could be my child's mother instead of some other hoodrat. My family thinks that because you're pregnant, I should marry you. So the whole purpose of everyone being here was to propose to you. I even bought a ring. He walked over to Kera and got on one knee but not holding the ring. "Thank you for being there for me, but I ask that you please forgive me for wasting your time. You deserve better and you deserve to be with someone that actually loves you and that's not me. You're a great woman, but you and I aren't meant to be. Please forgive me." She looked shocked. Hell, I was shocked. Everyone was. He walked up to the stage again. "A good friend of mine has been telling me that marriage is about love and if the love isn't there, don't do it. And that's why I couldn't do it. I have love for you Kera, but I'm not in love with you. I'm actually here to tell my good friend, Jaelynn that I enjoy your company. For the past few months, my feelings for you have grown and I really do love you. You've been a great friend to me and I'm asking if we could try to take us one step further into a relationship." What the hell is he doing? He knows about August and my feelings for August. I nearly choked on my drink when he said that. My phone vibrated with a text from Shayna.
Shaydevil: You should be careful who you trust sweetheart. Last night, August had a real good time with Tara and my friend, India. Sorry to burst your bubble honey, but he doesn't want you. From what I've heard, that was his first and best threesome. Toodles😘.
I didn't know how to feel to be honest. I got one man contesting his love for me then another man showing that he doesn't have love for me.
I got up out of my seat heading to the door and getting in my car. I saw Sean run out after me, but I drove off before he could say anything. Everything was too overwhelming right now causing me to break into tears.
**
What do yall think?
Keep in mind, what Shayna says might not be true, but it might no be false either. Sean( plus a black shirt) and Jae in MM.