Chapter Thirty Eight

August
I was on the patio with fat mama while Jae was on the beach looking at peace. I smiled at her. She really is beautiful. The sun reflected perfectly off her soft chocolate skin. Everything about her was perfect. My thoughts were interrupted by her phone ringing. It was Teyana, so I answered. "Aug.." "Wassup?" "Ms. Julia just died." "What?" "She died. I dunno how. Shannon found her in her room not breathing." "Shit.. aight I'll go tell Jae." "Ok." "Do me a favor and pack up Sha's stuff and take em to my house." "Ok bye." I hung up. I can't believe Ms. Julia gone. I looked at Jae looking peaceful as ever. I aint wanna tell her, but she won't forgive me if I don't. I walked towards her holding Indi. "Babe, isn't it beautiful?" She asked me smiling. "Uhhh... yea" She frowned, "What's wrong?" "Come in the house ma." "Why? I wanna stay out here alil longer." "Come on ma. We gotta talk and it can't wait." She sighed following me in the house. I put Indi in her crib then walked back out to the living room where Jae was sitting. "Tey called ya phone while you was on da beach." "Forreal? What she say?" "Uhh.. Ms. Julia gone ma." "Whatchuu mean gone? Where she went?" "Heaven." "August stop playing. Where she go?" "She died ma." She examined my face to see if I was playing and found that I wasn't. I watched her fall apart. "No. No. She's not." She picked up her phone calling her Aunt's phone constantly. "Pick up the damn phone mama. Cmon." I walked over to her, "Give me the phone." "No. She's about to answer." "No she not ma." I grabbed the phone. She started hitting me on my chest. "Give me my damn phone August." I did nothing but hug her until she finally broke down in my arms. "She good now baby. She happy." She looked at me crying. "Why? That's like my mother August." I kissed her forehead, "I know ma." She continued crying. "Ima go pack our stuff, so we can go back aight?" She nodded staring at the wall. I kissed her lips, but she didn't kiss back. I walked into the room getting our stuff and Indi's stuff together. When I was done, I walked back into the living room to find it empty. I checked the whole house to find her but it was empty. I checked outside and didn't see anything until I saw a figure floating in the water. I ran to the water swimming towards her floating body. I pulled her out the water trying to do CPR. But she wasn't coming back. She still had a pulse though. I called the cops and the ambulance was there in a few minutes. They took her away while I stayed because I had Indi. I called Jessica to watch Indi since Tey was busy. When Jessica came, I drove hurriedly to the hospital. Once I got her room number, I went in to find that she was put in a medically induced coma. I sat there crying. Yeah, men cry. I held her hand and said a prayer. I aint gonna know how to function without her in my life. Ion know what Ima do. I just pray that God don't take her away from me. I swear, I'll do right by her if God let me get another chance. Please.
***
This is the end...