Chapter Fifteen:

Jaelynn
(A month Later)
I've gotten back together with August and we've actually been doing really well. Today is the day I finally graduate college. My grandma and aunts all flew out here to come to my graduation. I was at home getting my hair curled when August walked through the door with flowers. I smiled. "Hey uglyyy." He chuckled. "Wassup big head. You ready?" He was driving me to the graduation. I nodded and put on my cap and gown and heels. He helped me put on my heels then I grabbed my bag and walked out. My family was already at the place because they wanted good seats.
2 hours later..
"And now for our valedictorian, Ms. Jaelynn Ortiz." the dean announced. Everyone started clapping and my family started going crazy. I smiled and walked onto the stage towards the mic. I worked my ass off for this moment and I was so grateful. "Hey everyone," I smiled at all the people in the audience. I wasn't nervous because I prepared myself for this moment. "My whole childhood, I was a spoiled brat. It's hard to admit but I was, so I'd get into all kinds of trouble and my grades suffered from it. Teachers would tell me 'girl, you aint gon' make it' and for a while, I believed it. And then, My parents were gunned down and I fixed my performance in school for them. I never really thought that my parents, the two strongest people I know, would be killed. So from then on, I moved to New Orleans with my aunt, who was then diagnosed with breast cancer. So I straightened up because I wanted to make her happy. Then, I was pregnant. I gave birth to a baby who was stillborn and did not make it. So I really surprised myself with all this. I never thought I'd ever be top of my class EVER. So moral of my story is that your struggles make you stronger and don't ever for a second doubt your capabilities. I've lived the struggle cause in Harlem, everybody isn't successful and rich. You earn that two ways, selling drugs and prostitution and for me to be standing here and not done anything of those makes me living proof that people can make it. Thanks to everyone who's been here for me especially Teyana, I love you!" I could hear her in the crowd screaming "Yaaasss bitch! I love you too!" Everyone else laughed. I walked off the stage and everyone clapped. I sat back in my seat. The rest of graduation went by fast. I was called up to get my diploma then we had to go hear a speech then I was finally a graduate of college. I walked over to my family. They all hugged me and I smiled. "Congratulations bae," August walked over to me and kissed me. I kissed him back. "Thank you." "Aight so maw maw said she finna cook a feast so I know where dinner bout to be tonight!" Aug rubbed his stomach and laughed. I laughed and Tey nodded. "Facts cause maw maw can throw it downn in the kitchen" she exclaimed rubbing her pregnant belly. You could slightly see het bump seeing as she was going on 2 months. I laughed at them and grabbed August's hand walking to the car. When we got in the car, August looked at me. "So you going out tonight right?" I nodded. "What you wearing?" I looked at him. "None of your business." He looked at me as he stopped at the red light. "It's all my business cause you're my girl." I nodded. "Well I promise it's appropriate. I'll show you when we get back." He nodded. "You better." I laughed.
When we got to my aunt's house, I got out and went to my room waiting for them to cook while August followed me. "Show me the dress." I nodded and got up going into my closet pulling out the two piece dress (in MM). I took off my graduation dress and put on my dress that I just bought. He licked his lips. "Nah." I looked at him. "Nah? Whatchuu mean?" "Nah, you can't go out wearing that. Niggas gon' be on you." I sucked my teeth. "I'm going." "Against my will you gon' go?" I nodded. He sighed. "That aint right ma. C'mon. You already know niggas gon' be all on you." I looked at him. "Aug, You know I only want you. People come up to me everyday and I don't feed into their shit then. I know who I got at home." He sighed. "Aight ma, I trust you." I kissed him. "Thank you baby." he kissed back. "Now sit on daddy lap so I can tear that dress off yo sexy ass." I laughed. "Boy bye. I'm tryna eat." He chuckled and started to suck on my neck. "August, you need to stop." I laughed and pushed his head away.
**
Short Filler Chapter. Wrote this in a day. Next chapter coming real soon darlingssss.