Chapter Forty

Jaelynn
I'm doing better now. I got myself together without therapy. I have so many people that depend on me and I wouldn't wanna let them down. I sat next to my aunt's grave. Julia D Ortiz. July 7, 1963- May 19, 2015. Loving Aunt, Daughter, Sister and Friend. The good ones always go. I shed a tear thinking about her. That was practically my mother. Since I didn't get to say goodbye to her, I wanted to do it now. "Hey mama. I miss you so much. I'm sorry that I messed up, so I couldn't officially say bye to you. Indi is my world mama. I swear that girl is a mess already, but I just love her soo much. August is really the love of my life Mama. Anyways, I gotta get home, but I wanted to say goodbye." I got up and walking back to my car. I called August to see if he had Indi. But he said Jessica was watching her while he was in a meeting. It pissed me off, but Im not gonna make a big deal about it. I drove to where he was to get Indi from Jessica. I started rethinking life. That whole incident really fucked up my head. I walked into the building taking the elevator to the 9th floor where August's meetings usually are. I found him pacing around the hallway. I walked up to him, "What's the matter baby?" He gave me a kiss then continued pacing. I stopped him then l pulled him over to the seats and sat him down then sat on his lap. "What's wrong?" "They tryna make me go on tour again." "What's wrong with that?" "I aint tryna leave you and Indi. Tour gon last a couple months and Ima be all the way in Europe. Ima miss her first words and maybe her first steps. I aint tryna miss key moments in her life." I sighed, "That's why there's facetime. I'll make sure you dont miss it." He sighed, "I aint tryna go ma." I kissed his cheek. "You have to babe. You gotta make ya money. Trust me, I dont want you to go, but that's your job. You also have millions of fans that love you out there. You gotta spread the love." He chuckled, "Aight ma." I smiled and he lifted me off his lap and stood up. "Where's Indi?" He grabbed my hand walking to where Indi was. We walked into Jessica's office to find her playing with Indi. When we walked in, Indi's eyes immediately lit up. She started screaming in her baby language. I smiled and picked her up. "Hey babyyy." I kissed her cheek. She smiled then looked at Aug who was smiling. She held her arms out to him and he swooped her up. I shook my head as he held my hand walkin out.
When we were in the car, he drove. "You ready to go to Houston tomorrow?" "Kinda. I still have more to pack." "Don't be over packin. We only goin for a week." "I never over pack. We don't go nowhere for me to over pack." He nodded, "Aight fine."
The next morning, I woke up at 4:30 to finish up packing up food and stuff. At 5, I woke August up and he began getting ready. I finished packing Indi's baby bag and heated up her milk. We were on the road by six. I looked at Aug as he drove. "How'd you sleep baby?" "I slept aight. You know you be all on a nigga & shit." "I do not. Don't play yourself." He chuckled. I sat back falling asleep.
When I woke up, we were in Alabama. We were going to Houston for August's family reunion. "Baby, can we get food?" I asked. He nodded. He got off at the nearest exit going to the chic-fil-a drive thru. I sat in the back as he finished the drive to Houston. I had to feed, change and play with Indi. I offered to drive the rest of the way, but August insisted that he got it. I guesd he's used to being up all day and night from work, but it couldn't be me.
We got to his mother's house at about 5am. I carried Indi and her bag while Aug got the rest. His mom opened the door smiling. I hugged her and she took Indi from me. "Let me go help your son. He think he's superman." She laughed as I walked to Aug who was struggling with the bags. "I got it ma." I shook my head taking bags from him. I followed him inside with the bags and to our room, which had a crib for Indi thank God. I knew August was tired, but he wanted to unpack. "Babe, I'll do it. Go to sleep." He nodded. "Aight." He pulled me to him and kissed me passionately. "I love you ma." I smiled, "I love you too babe. Now get some rest." I said wiping my lipstick off his lips.
When August woke up, I still hadn't slept. I wasn't tired. He got up and went straight to the bathroom. I was on the bed playing with Indi. She's growing so fast. Aug came back in the bed and kissed Indi's forehead. "Aye fat mama." She giggled. Then, he kissed me. "How'd you sleep ugliness?" I asked him. "It was aight. Im bout to go over Trav house. Tima downstairs with Chandra 'nem." I laughed, "Damn. You giving me away already?" "Nah. I gotta go handle some grown folks business." I laughed. "Whatever."
We were all in Mama Sheila's living room drinkin and talking. "I wonder where Aug, Trav 'nem at." Chandra asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. He said they was handling 'grown folks business'" I looked at a very pregnant Tima playing with Indi. After a while, Aug, Trav, Smoke and Sneak walked in. Aug kissed me, "Wassup?" "Nothing. You finished handling your grown folks business I see." He nodded. I shook my head.
By 11pm, I was in bed, but August wasn't. I didn't bother to see where he was because I was too tired. When I woke up, August still wasn't in bed. There was a note on the table.
Good Morning Ma. I'm sorry you woke up to an empty bed, but again, I gotta handle grown folks business. There's a sundress in the closet that I bought for you and some sandals. Put them on and meet mama downstairs by 11. I love you.
August
I smiled while reading the note, but I was still confused as to what business he was handling. It was 10, so I got dressed in the beautiful sundress he bought and the sandals. I straightened my hair and put on a little makeup then walked to Indi's crib. I woke her up, which she wasn't too fond of and I dressed her. I then took her downstairs to see Mama Sheila sitting at the Island waiting. "Good Morning Mama" "Good morning babies." She said before coming to kiss Indi & I on the cheek. I smiled. "You ready?" She asked. I nodded and followed her out to her car.
We arrived at a restaurant where we were gonna have brunch. I walked in pushing Indi's stroller to see a big table with Tima, Trav, Smoke, Kim (Smoke wife), Cha and August. I smiled walking in. I hugged all of them then kissed Aug as I sat down next to him. Indi was in her stroller next to him. The waiter came and took our orders. I looked at Aug. "So now you have time for me. Are you done handling your business?" "Yes ma. I'm sorry but it was important stuff." I nodded.
After a few minutes, our food came. I ordered a fruit salad with my food. My fruit salad came, but I frowned once I saw a black box in my fruit salad. I opened up the box and saw a ring. "Oh My God." I looked at August who was smirking. He got up, moved his chair and got on one knee taking the box from me. "You know you my baby. I love you so much and I thank you for being the mother of my child. Will you marry me?" I turned my face away and covered it to hide my tears. I was beyond shocked, but I was happy. I turned back around nodding my head, "Yes." August smiled and grabbed my left hand sliding off his promise ring and sliding the engagement ring on causing me to cry even harder. I kissed his lips so passionately. I really do love him with everything in me. And the fact that he proposed surprised me because we never spoke about marriage before. I'm ready to hold him down forever though.
He wiped my tears as everyone began clapping. I smiled. Finally, Im happy.
***
This is the end frfr. Im bout to make the description for the 3rd book. Add it. Love yall