Chapter Seventeen: Moment For Life

August
I walked around the store with Teyana. Jaelynn was at my house sleeping still, which she'd be doing for a while because today is our son's 1 year anniversary. Teyana pointed to things and I checked to see if it looked nice. "Nah, that shit not good enough. What about that one?" I pointed to another and she examined it. "Oooo, that's cuteeee." "Aight, Can I get that one?" I asked the lady. I paid for it then got in the car. "You think she gon' like it?" I asked Tey as she got into the car. "Hell yeah. Bitch better like it." I chuckled then dropped her off then went home. By the time I got home, Jae was awake but in bed still crying. I went over to her and laid with her. I can't let her get like this or she'll have me crying. I wish I would've seen my son too and thinking about the fact that I can't and never will hurts me. "Baby you gotta stop cryin." She looked at me. "August, that was my babyyy." She cried. I nodded and let a tear shed from my eye before it was damn near water works. I aint one to cry but this shit cut kinda deep. "I know but you gotta be strong for him. He don't wanna see his parents cryin like lil bitches." She laughed alil. "Now c'mon. Get up. We going out." She grabbed a pillow. "I don't wanna go anywhere August." "Ion care. Get dressed and wash yo stank ass breath." She sucked her teeth and got up. I smirked and went to change my clothes. Jae finised showering and allat and came out with a Harley Davidson shirt, some black jeans and some roshes. I had on all black with roshes as well. "You copying daddy?" She laughed. "Whatever. Now let's go." I grabbed her hand and led her out the house to his car. I opened her door and she got in then I got in and started driving. I was just taking her to dinner. She hadn't eaten all day and I got home around 4pm. When we pulled up to the restaurant, I stopped the car and grabbed Jae's hand leading her into the restaurant. I approached the worker. "Reservation for Alsina." She checked her list then nodded. "Follow me." She led us to a table and we sat. Jae looked at me. "Why are we here?" "I can't take my lady out somewhere nice?" She looked at me. "No. You never do this. Last time we did this, you broke up with me." "I promise it's all good." She nodded and looked at the menu. I pulled out my phone and started taking selfies cause Yung a selfie king. Jae looked at me and started laughing at my faces and I snapped a picture of her laughing (in MM). "You ugly." She said laughing. "And ya forehead huge but you dont see me complaining. She straightfaced me. "Ok August. This what we do?" I nodded, "Yup cause you be frontin like I'm not the selfie king." "Whatever." The waitress came up to our table and took our orders. After taking our orders, Jae went to the bathroom to wash her hands. I keep hand sanitizer tho cause Ebola out here crazy.
When she got back, she sat down eating a piece of bread. I looked at her and thought about all the shit we went thru. I admire her so much, and i'm in love. Yeah, Yung in love. "Stop staring at me creep." "I was staring at that sexy ass piece of bread not yo ole bean head ass." She frowned. "Shut up Crimson Chin." The food came and we ate. When we finished eating, It was time. I pulled out the box and looked at Jae who was on her phone texting. I opened the box and slid the box over to her and she looked up at me in disbelief. "What is this?" "Jae, you already know how I feel about you. I love you truly and I'm in love with you. Nah, I aint proposing to you cause we still young, but it's a promise ring to show you that I care. I promise to love you forever. I promise to not hurt you anymore. I promise I'll be all you need me to be. I promise to keep our trust. And I promise to wife you up one day." She looked at me with a smile then made a stank face. "Ew nobody tryna marry yo Crimson Chin lookin ass." I frowned then she laughed. "I love you ugly." She leaned over the table and planted a sweet kiss on my lap. I hope I dont mess this up.
**
Filler and not proofread. Getting my hair did rn