Chapter Thirty-Seven

A/n I know I just posted a couple hours but by some miracle I finished another chapter.  This is taking place right after Chapter 36.

Archie POV

I jolted awake to the sound of someone tapping on my window

When I turned towards the passenger seat I noticed Betty motioning towards the door handle.

I reached over and unlocked it.

"Thanks Arch." she said with a smile.

I was surprised by this reaction. I could never imagine Alice Cooper putting a smile on Betty's face.

"Are you ok?" I asked concerned.

She responded"I am... I really am."

I shrugged my shoulders as I proceeded to start the engine and pull away.

The car ride had been quiet so far.

"So what happened in there?" I asked.

She lifted her head up from the window, "My mom and I are done."

At that moment I felt I had overstepped.

"Oh... I'm sorry Betty, I didn't mean to pry."

"Don't be." She looked over briefly and smiled, "It needed to happen. I couldn't have that part of my life continuing to drag me down."

I guess I could picture her logic. Alice was horrible to Betty her whole life but she always had held onto a part of her no matter what she did.

"Well..." I paused for a moment while I tried to find the right words. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you Archie."

"What are you thanking me for?"

She turned her body towards me, "For everything. Without you I would have never done this. You are always there for me, the only constant I've ever had."

I noticed a tear starting to break from her eye, but this wasn't a sad tear. It was a happy tear, unlike the tears she has been crying recently.

"You're the best friend..." she paused "Family, that a person could ever have. I couldn't get by without you."

As soon as she finished up that last sentiment we rolled over the bump at the bottom of our driveway.

She turned back towards the dash.

I hopped out of the car and circled the car to open the door for her.

When she had fully exited the car she wrapped her arms around me.

When she released, she just gave a faint smile and started for the door.

I followed behind her silently until we reached the front door. Before I was able to twist my keys in the lack the door swung open to a worried Veronica.

"Betty!!' she said loud enough to wake the neighborhood. "We were worried sick!"

Sometimes I wondered if Veronica shared more than a friend type of love with Betty.

Betty POV

When I released Archie from our hug I started for the door.

As he started putting the keys into the lock the door flew open revealing a panicked Veronica.

"Betty!!" Without context you would think I had been missing for months without a trace. "We were worried sick!"

She ushered me into the house.

"Do you need anything? You must be freezing."

"I'm fine, where's Juliet?" I asked.

"She's asleep in the guestroom."

I could barely keep my eyes open.

"It's been an eventful morning, I think I'm Just going to join her for now."

"Ok... Just tell me if there's anything you need"

I smiled at her, "I will, thank you V."

I gave her a quick hug before heading to our room.

"Jeez" I thought to myself. It had only been a few days and I was already referring to this room as 'ours'.

I opened the door quietly and slid into the bed opposite of Juliet.

My eyes immediately shut and my mind drifted into a deep sleep.

A/n I feel eh about this but oh well.

Hope everyone here enjoyed.