Chapter Thirty-Nine

A/n Hi. I've had this chapter done for a while and I never got around to posting but it's here now.  

Jughead POV

"You talked to her at Pop's?"

Is that seriously what she got out of everything I had just said?

"Veronica, I am done with your games. I need to see my wife right now. This isn't your choice. This is bigger than you."

She jumped back with, "She told me herself she doesn't want to be with you. You coming here and pulling this bullshit is just making it harder on her."

"No matter how hard you try, how hard you push, I can promise you that one way or another I will get through to Betty and there will be nothing you can do about it. I'm the father of her children, what are you? A needy friend."

"You're such an asshole Jughead. And you wonder why people don't want to be around you? You are a negative mess that brings a dark cloud with you wherever you go."

God how much I despised her.

"Fuck you Veronica. I will be back, I will get what I want and there is nothing you can do about it."

As I turned to leave I heard the door slam behind me. I wasn't going to give up that easy. This wasn't something I could just brush off my shoulder.

I looked back to make sure she wasn't still standing by the door then started to round their house.

I assumed that they would be staying in their guest room and I was right.

I looked through the window and saw Betty and Juliet laying in the bed.

I decided to tap on the window.

*tap tap* (lmao idk)

Betty POV

I was awoken by a tapping on the window. I turned and unfortunately was met face to face with Jughead.

He motioned for me to open the window. I really didn't want to deal with this right now but knowing his persistence, he would not leave if I didn't.

"What the hell do you want Jughead?"

"I want to talk." he responded.

"Christ Jughead! What more is there to talk about? Haven't we covered everything?"

"No Betty, we haven't'

I was not up for this right now.

"Dammit Jughead..." I said shaking my head. "Fine, we'll talk. But I am not doing this right here right now. We do this away from her." I motioned towards Juliet.

He gave a soft smile and said, "Thank you. Our house?"

"Fine." I said flat right before shutting the window and closing the blinds.

I reached over for my shoes that I had been wearing not too long ago.

Before sneaking out the door I kissed Juliet's forehead.

I didn't see Veronica In the living room so I assumed she had gone back to bed.

I made my way to the door and grabbed my purse. Making my way out to my car I paused a second to feel the light of a new day wash over me.

I prayed that I wouldn't regret this like most of my decisions lately. 

A/n Working on another chapter rn.