Chapter Fifteen

A/n This is taking place after Archie leaves Jughead's house. *Warning * this chapter was written really late so it makes zero sense.

Archie POV

I was still trying to let everything sink in as I approached home.  I mean, God, how he could be this entirely different person behind our backs.  It was like I didn't know my best friend anymore.

I decided I would give my brain a break as I pulled into our driveway.

When I walked into the house I saw Veronica in the living room.  When I shut the front door she turned her head to face me and shot me a soft smile.

I began to walk over to her and said, "Hey Ronnie."

She jumped up into my arms and gave me a hug which, it turns out, I really needed. 

"I thought you weren't coming home until Saturday?" she said.

"I just missed my amazing girlfriend too much and I needed to see her."

She looked up at me and smiled which then turned into crying.

"What's wrong Veronica." I asked filled with worry.

"It's nothing Archie... I just really love you."

"I love you too.  You are my everything."  This caused her to pull me into a kiss.

When she pulled away she began to walk back to the couch. 

Once she was seated I asked again, "Seriously Ronnie, what's going on?"

She took a deep breath and pointed at the spot next to her.  Déjà vu.

After joining her she said, "It's about Betty..."  I'm surprised that wasn't my first guess, they tell each other everything.  Veronica probably was aware of Betty finding the letters before Jughead knew.  "He cheated on her and seeing her so broken has really taken a toll on me."

I was debating on telling her that I already knew.  I didn't want to upset her anymore but she deserves honesty.

"Veronica?"  She looked at me.  "I know what happened."

She looked confused and asked, "How?"

"He called me shortly after I arrived back in Riverdale and told me to come over."

She scoffed, "Of course he did.  What did he tell you?"

"He told me about Toni and how they met." Her eyes narrowed a bit. "Then he told me how Betty found out because she went through his desk.  I swear Veronica; it took everything in me not to kick his ass right then and there."

She rested her head on my lap and said quietly, "I wish you had."

I let out a small laugh and said "Me too."

Veronica POV

I couldn't believe everything that had happened in such little time.  When I saw Archie walk through the door it was like the sun had come out from behind the clouds.

I love him so much.  I knew from the first time I saw him he would be the love of my life.  He's so good, it's like he's filled with it.  I knew no matter what crazy stuff went down in our lives; we would always have each other.

Once we had caught each other up on the events that had taken place today, I rested my head on his lap and said, "I wish you had." 

He let out a small laugh and said, "Me too."

I think he caught me drifting off so he said, "As much as I would like to continue this conversation... I think we should get some sleep first."

I lifted my head up and nodded.  "I agree."

He picked me up and carried me to our room.

When he set me down he gave me a kiss on the forehead and said, "I love you."

I stared back at him and said, "I love you."

Archie POV

I gave her a kiss on her forehead and said, "I love you."

She stared back at me and said, "I love you." She then fell asleep almost instantly.

I lie down next to her and just take in all of her beautiful features.  How was I lucky enough to have won the heart of Veronica Lodge?  The world may never know.

A/n Sorry about that. I'll try to make the next chapter more interesting.