Chapter Ten

A/n It's been a while, I know. Been having some writers block (as usual) but now I've got some chapters layed out so more shall follow.  This chapter is basically 'Jughead POV' happening right after Betty leaves him.  There is also going to be some Archie included.  His POV is basically taking place right after he passed the 'Welcome to Riverdale' sign.  I know the timeline is extremely confusing rn and I promise I'm trying to get it straightened out.  

Jughead POV

I asked "Where are you going?"

She took a deep breath and said, "I'm going to Veronica's. She's someone who will be there for me."

Of fucking course, it always comes back to Veronica. She's never liked me. I could always tell that she didn't want me and Betty to be together. She is probably the reason Betty is doing this. I know she couldn't have come up with all of this on her own.

Betty cares way too much about me to leave without influence.

I hear the front door open causing me turn and face our front yard. She's actually leaving. I see a small pause in her steps just before she reaches her car. Turn around Betty... please turn around.

Sadly pleading inside my own head was no use and she was backing out of the driveway. I sensed my entire body heating up and I felt like I was bound to explode. I took a step back then slammed the door so hard I thought it was going to break.

"FUCK."

It was at this moment everything began to sink in. She left, she actually left. She said we were done. I shouldn't have let her walk out that door. My life, my whole world, gone in a split second.

I walk into my room and lay on our bed. I love her and she's gone. I stare at the ceiling for what feels like hours until I decide to call Archie. I try my best to tell him what happened but I can't seem to form a proper sentence.

Apparently all I got out was "I need you."

He replied by saying, "I'm coming over."

Not knowing what to say back, I decided ending the call was the best choice of action.

Of course, "I need you." was enough to get Archie to come over. He had always had the biggest heart and I envied it. He always saw and brought out the best in people. Your life became better just by knowing him.

Archie POV

A couple minutes after I had passed the iconic 'Welcome to Riverdale' sign, I received a call from Jughead.

He rarely just calls me out of nowhere, especially this late, so I knew it must be important.

I picked up my phone from the passenger's seat where it had been the entire drive back and answered, "Hey Jug."

There was a moment of silence before he responded, "I need you."

Jug rarely ever says he needs anyone. There had to have been something very bad that happened to make him sounds so vulnerable.

I responded with, "I'm coming over." which was met with the sound of the phone call being ended.

_-_-_-_-_

About ten minutes later I was pulling into his driveway that was lacking a car, Betty's car. Betty was always home by now so seeing her spot bare seemed like a red flag all on its own. It appeared that every light in the house was off except for a single lamp in the living room.

I turned the engine off and opened my door, stepping out into the cold Riverdale night. I made sure to shut my car door quietly as to not wake anyone. Walking towards the door gave the sting on my face from the icy air an entirely different meaning. It was although I was headed towards an abandoned house where a devastating occurrence had taken place.

When I knocked on the door I heard some shuffling around on the second story followed by the sound of Jughead stomping down their staircase.

The door flew open revealing a tired Jughead. His scleras were red as if he had been crying for hours. The bags under his eyes were so dark it looked like he had just been in a fight, if I hadn't known any better I would have thought he was sleepwalking. To top off this entire look he had going, he was carrying a drink in his hand.

The sight of him like this made my stomach tie up into a knot. He radiated a pre-sober FP and it scared me.

He broke the silence by saying, "What are you waiting for? Come in."

I took a cautious step forward into the quiet, dimly lit, home. He was sitting on the couch so I decided to join him.

"Why'd you call me over here Jug?" He kept his eyes locked on the fireplace. "Jug what's wrong? Why am I here?"

He sighed and said, "Betty left me."  

A/n Tea.  So the next chapter is going to be a continuation of this one but I wanted to get something out there for the time being.  Sorry if there were spelling errors n'shit.  I'm writing/editing this at 3:20am. 860 words?

P.S.  I felt weird creating a random character for the lady he cheats with so 'Haley' is now 'Toni'.