Chapter Fourteen

A/n Starting from the end of chapter 13. Two chapters in one night?! *gasp*

Jughead POV

"THREE MONTHS? YOU HAVE BEEN CHEATING ON BETTY FOR THREE MONTHS?"

Yeah... He was pissed. It was rare that he would get so mad over something so when he did it was scary.

"Yep."

Probably shouldn't have said that so nonchalant. He looked like he was on the verge of Hulk smashing my face in. I don't blame him. If someone else hurt Betty as bad as I did, I would be fucking pissed.

I should probably say something before he loses his shit entirely.

"I'm sorry Archie. It was never my intention to hurt her."

"But you did Jug! You really hurt her...", he snapped back. "How did you expect her to react when she found out?"

"She wasn't supposed to find out." Probably shouldn't have said that.

"It's not the fucking point Jughead! You cheated and she found out. There is no taking that back."

I mean... he wasn't wrong. I wish he was. It would make me feel a lot better.

Archie POV

"It's not the fucking point Jughead! You cheated and she found out. There is no taking that back."

I can't believe him. Does he have zero conscience?

"How did Betty find out?"

He took a deep breath in and said, "She we cleaning up my office and saw a letter from her. Once she found that she decided to go through my entire desk to find the rest. Which, obviously, she did."

Nice going Jughead. How did he think she wouldn't find out if he was literally leaving them out on his desk?

"What was in the letters Jughead?"

He started to look really ashamed, "Really messed up shit Arch. Stuff I never should have said."

"Jug... that is not an answer."

He began to speak again, "Basically, they were talking about how much of mess Betty is and how I was planning on leaving her so I could be with Toni."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was planning on leaving Betty. If he was already going to leave her why the hell am I trying to help him get her back?

"If you were going to leave Betty anyway, why am I here?"

He turned to me and asked, "What do you mean?"

Is he being serious? "What do I mean?" How could he be asking that? "Dammit Jughead you are so delusional."

"Elaborate." He says with an annoyed tone.

"Elaborate? Yeah ok I'll 'elaborate' for you. You were literally about to walk out the door and ditch Betty AND Juliet. But now that she has left you and taken Juliet with her you want them back? How much of a narcissist are you." I can't fathom how he wouldn't detect the irony in this situation. "So what would happen IF you could get her to take you back huh? Would you suddenly become a better person out of nowhere or would you just let her back in so you could be the one to end it, not her. Jughead stop being a fucking child. You want my pity? You can't have it."

He stares straight through me and says, "I wasn't actually going to leave her. I was just telling Toni I would."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

The ice was wearing so thin, one more wrong move and he would be falling through.

"I just told Toni I would leave Betty to make her happy so she wouldn't leave me."

"JESUS JUGHEAD! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" Does he hear himself? "CAUSE FROM WHAT I'M HEARING IT SOUNDS LIKE EVEN IF YOU WERE ABLE TO GET BETTY BACK, YOU WOULDN'T STOP SEEING TONI."

Jughead POV

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

I could tell I was on thin ice.

"I just told Toni I would leave Betty to make her happy so she wouldn't leave me."

By the facial expression alone, I could tell that what I said wasn't the correct answer.

"JESUS JUGHEAD! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? CAUSE FROM WHAT I'M HEARING IT SOUNDS LIKE EVEN IF YOU WERE ABLE TO GET BETTY BACK, YOU WOULDN'T STOP SEEING TONI."

If I'm being truthful, I hadn't thought it through. I don't know what I would do with Toni if I was able to get Betty back. I mean I know I would have break up with her, but it's more complicated than that. I had started to care about Toni. I had been opening up to her a lot. Unfortunately, a lot of what I had been opening up about was the side of my life that concerned Betty. I hadn't said the nicest things about her and looking back it makes me feel sick.

I told Toni that she was mentally unstable, boring and that I was tired of her. How could I be tired of Betty? How could I SAY I was tired of her? I love Betty. I just made a mistake.

Archie POV

"You know what Jughead? I'm done. I've enough of your bullshit for one night."

I collected my stuff and heading for the door.

Before walking I took one more look at Jughead. He looked broken, but it was no one's fault but his.

"Goodbye Jughead." was the last thing I said before shutting the door.

It had been a long night and I was ready to go home to see my beautiful, soon to be, fiancé. 

A/n  Archie's done with his shit.  Next chapter will be Archie and Veronica POV.